My tools / ToughSystem Racking

Mr. Yellow

• 2 months later...

54d473809f7d05f22324bc559e2601a6.jpg

So, recently I bought the DWV902M vac (DWV012 in US) and did a little modification and removed the cord. I have the vac rack on there and I didn't like the build in cord wrap. So I cut the cord altogether and added a Neutrik Powercon inlet on the vac and the right plug to the cord. Now I can store the cord together with the hose in the T-Stak case that sits on top.

2bb7546e4978158754f110a331bac299.jpg

I also thought the wheels could be a bit better... [emoji106]
With the front wheels I went from the standard 75x22mm to a whopping 75x40mm [emoji16] (really only needed them to level the vac with the new rear wheels)

0e43ab618730fd8fe7a65baa8ba962b5.jpg

Next up is to get the floor cleaning set and find a way to store them. Maybe in a T-Stak but I might add something to store the extensions on the back of the vac.

Sent from somewhere by someone using something.

• Like 2

Not a fan of flames but I might add an underside exhaust [emoji106]

And perhaps I ditch the T-Stak in favor of a racing seat [emoji16]

The Neutriks are great. Ofcourse you've already seen them on several mods on the FOG. And then make a plug-it to powercon cable?

• Like 1

Just like you said. They're not expensive so you can always get a pair of plugs and try it before you convert other tools.

Think there should be a general topic dedicated to tool modifications.

I'll bring that up to Conductor. That's an AWESOME idea!
  • Like 2

54d473809f7d05f22324bc559e2601a6.jpg

So, recently I bought the DWV902M vac (DWV012 in US) and did a little modification and removed the cord. I have the vac rack on there and I didn't like the build in cord wrap. So I cut the cord altogether and added a Neutrik Powercon inlet on the vac and the right plug to the cord. Now I can store the cord together with the hose in the T-Stak case that sits on top.

2bb7546e4978158754f110a331bac299.jpg

I also thought the wheels could be a bit better... [emoji106]

With the front wheels I went from the standard 75x22mm to a whopping 75x40mm [emoji16] (really only needed them to level the vac with the new rear wheels)

0e43ab618730fd8fe7a65baa8ba962b5.jpg

Next up is to get the floor cleaning set and find a way to store them. Maybe in a T-Stak but I might add something to store the extensions on the back of the vac.

I am really liking what you have done with the wheels on the extractor!! The angle of the pic is just off so I cant tell for sure if that little black bit sticking out is a valve or not??? Are they air filled or solid rubber???

• Like 1

Yes, it's a valve. They are air filled. It's a bit hard to find decent solid wheels. At least I couldn't find any. 

I changed out the original axle and added a stainless threaded rod on which I bolted the wheels. Nothing was modified on the vac itself to mount them, so I can always go back, which I might, because I'm undecided if I keep it this way. But across sandy jobsites, this is better than the plastic wheels it came with.

I dunno, I just like to mess around a bit with my tools :)

• Like 1

Just upgraded my DCV582 cordless vac with Airlock connectivity.

Put the DWV9000 airlock connector on the hose and then used a DVW9130 adapter on which I mounted the original endpiece.

Only had to cut about 10mm from one end of the 9130 so it would fit inside the 'hose end' of the standard endpiece. Only took a little turn to the left to fasten it. Haven't had to use any glue. That was a nice surprise :)

DWV9130

41eItvsfP7L._SY355_.jpg

Airlock1.JPG

Airlock2.JPG

• Like 1

Cool to know. Now I gotta get some dewalt boxes one of these days. Im curious does the new stack radio work with the same kind of racking?

I can easily get the tubing,ill just put it in my cnc mill at work and plow the holes with a stub drill,would be fast and easy to make them all the same.

You can always sell some of your Toughboxes [emoji16]

Heck no!

I am finally getting my garage to a functional state and not just a 22x24 storage space.

I'm leaning towards the wall racking that was in the back of one of the concept videos.

• Like 1

Heck no!

I am finally getting my garage to a functional state and not just a 22x24 storage space.

I'm leaning towards the wall racking that was in the back of one of the concept videos.

The wall racking from the concept video was really nice. Keeping it off the floor so it's easier to clean underneath.