My tools / ToughSystem Racking

Mr. Yellow

I want that saw...I will have that saw one day!!

I also want a 20v ac adapter. Then you could use this saw hooked to a tool trigger vac. I like the size and weight of this guy. I would say it would handle 85% of my trim needs. 

• Like 2

Hi Mr. Yellow

The mitre saw looks great!!!

I thought that this saw was the American version???

Have you had this shipped in or is this one available were you live??

And can I ask are you on 18v XR or 20v XR batteries?? Again I thought that 20v was only the US?

Hi locksmithmatt

Have you had a chance to us the UK model much yet???

How does it feel when cutting larger timber??

How does the plastic side handles feel?? Sturdy??

What is the mitre angle lock in like compared to the button and leaver on other Dewalt saws?

I have been told my one will be in the shop on the 9th so I have only a few days to go!! But I am getting itchy waiting!!!!!!!

Hey DooDar, yeah this is the DCS361 which is the US version. I imported it from the US (bought on eBay)

I'm from the Netherlands and using the 18V XR batteries and tools, but they are the same as the 20V Max. It's just different marketing.

So what better way to spend a free afternoon hacking your brand new saw ;)

Didn't like the 2-step blade change. Although I won't see myself changing blades often, but it felt unnecessary. So I grinded and filed a bit from the metal bracket that holds the bladeguard in place. But that's not all. DeWALT is clever. They made the spring inside the guard stick out so much that you can't get the blade off without doing that 2-step change. Same for the 2 bolts that you have to loosen to change the blade. Shortened those too.

Result, one-step blade change, just like my 780 and how I like it. 

I was told the 2-step change is to avoid people leaving the hex-key in and running the saw. If you're such a tool you probably shouldn't operate a saw anyway.

NcN1+

1klj7+

Also, does anyone know what the hole in the trigger is for? I guess to lock it?

That's one thing they could have added. All their cordless saws have a safety lock switch. This saw has a safety feature in the trigger but wouldn't have mind a separate on/off switch.

cxce+

• Like 1

thats to lock the saw from unauthorized use. if you leave saw on job site you dont want some electrician cutting a pc of conduit when your not there. i lock my all the time, i dont want some framer cutting 2x4 with my new trim blade

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5 March 2016 at 8:05 PM, Mr. Yellow said:

You learn something everyday. Cheers!

Bluetooth batts will solve that also. Well, if other people on site don't have DeWALT cordless tools.

On the original XPS saws, it cam with a little 'pin' that clipped into the trigger to make it 'safe'.. However it is not something that comes with the saws nowadays.. However, it is useful when in Retail displays and at Shows, as you can 'lock' the trigger facility and allow the end user to see the advantages of the XPS light..

Bluetooth batteries do bring a lot of 'advantages' for sure.. The fact that I can have all my tools disabled when I pop down the shops is somewhat satisfying... 

• Like 2