Should have brought the dewalts

Makan44

I was kicking myself this weekend for not bringing some of my dewalts with me to the track.

I bring a bunch of hand tools with me and rarely need to use them so i figured why pack up even more stuff im not gona need to use.  

Then my buddy had some technical issues and we needed to do some work.  Wouldnt you know he had a stripped out allen bolt we needed to remove it to get under the seat.  He had to go asking around the paddock to borrow a drill and grab it bits.  First he got a makita 12v impact wrench and the grab it bits but that didnt work.  Then he got a snap on drill and drill bits. Once he drilled out the hole properly the grab it bit worked and removed the stripped bolt.  I missed a chance to have my dewalts save the day  :'(.  I wont make that mistake again!  My hand tools still saved his day tho along with the borrowed tools.  

But I've already made him a fan of my Dewalt tools anyway working on his Harley, used recip saw to shorten his frame and right angle grinder to chop his fender, etc.  Needless to say he was impressed and thinks there worth there weight in gold!

Archived