DEWALT 20v MAX

kanxrus

You cannot compare prices between Europe and US. They differ a lot. Like I pointed out earlier about the 36v range. Huge difference.

Last week I bought the D51276K 15gauge nailer from the US. Even with added tax and all it's still about 50% cheaper than the price it used to sell for here (it's discontinued here now, so US was the only option anyway)

ok, wow.  i like the idea of smarter electronics.  interesting that they moved the electronics from the battery to the tool.....so that means cheaper batteries, right?  ;D 

so the works lights have a delay off feature now?  thats nice.

damn, i cant wait...

Bah! I just bought the older 18v Lithium Set and a Circular Saw as my first DeWalt set. Of course I am in IT, so every time I buy a new computer or phone, a new one comes out, so I'm used to it. Bummer though, those new drills are pretty nice...

The 18v line is still a great line, and will still offer quite a few more options for expansion tools for a long time.  As has been said a thousand times, 18v is not going away, nor is it outdated, insufficient, or anything else.  The 20v is an awesome line, the so is the 18v.  You still got a great kit!  :)

Bah! I just bought the older 18v Lithium Set and a Circular Saw as my first DeWalt set. Of course I am in IT, so every time I buy a new computer or phone, a new one comes out, so I'm used to it. Bummer though, those new drills are pretty nice...

You ain't alone pal, I recently bought my first DeWalt 18V Compact Drill/Driver Kit especially for an up coming deck project and about 4 months from now the new models will be out. I haven't even used them yet and there are better ones just around the corner. I thought about returning them and waiting but I need them now for this deck, I have a zillion screws to do. Seems like everytime I buy something, same thing happens. If I had a choice between the two at the time I bought these I'd have chosen the newer line. Burnt again like always.

Relax people! I´m sure the "old" ones will still be more than enough and also I do not think it will be some kind of "mega super" difference. Sure, the new ones have some nice feutures like the beltholder, magnetic bit holder and more amp in the battery.

The evolution must go on but that does not mean that the previous gen is crap just because a new gen is out. The 18v xrp DCD9** is still one of the very best drills out there.

Relax people! I´m sure the "old" ones will still be more than enough and also I do not think it will be some kind of "mega super" difference. Sure, the new ones have some nice feutures like the beltholder, magnetic bit holder and more amp in the battery.

The evolution must go on but that does not mean that the previous gen is crap just because a new gen is out. The 18v xrp DCD9** is still one of the very best drills out there.

Amen brother!

Archived