New 20V Max Tools Rock!

Edge

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

After a couple days of comparing prices and comparing kits, today I ordered the 4pc kit thinking wow am I getting a great deal on these saws and a premium drill to boot. Now I get poking around on the internet reading more reviews only to find that I bought Mercedes tools with chevette parts in them, typical corperate bull$H1t. as if you needed to hit a lower price point by subbing out one pc ordered from china for another... If your gonna build a tool put all your brains into 1 good one and dont spend half your time trying to figure out how to line your pockets. So close to selling them all and going red >:(

After a couple days of comparing prices and comparing kits, today I ordered the 4pc kit thinking wow am I getting a great deal on these saws and a premium drill to boot. Now I get poking around on the internet reading more reviews only to find that I bought Mercedes tools with chevette parts in them, typical corperate bull$H1t. as if you needed to hit a lower price point by subbing out one pc ordered from china for another... If your gonna build a tool put all your brains into 1 good one and dont spend half your time trying to figure out how to line your pockets. So close to selling them all and going red >:(

You realize that Milwaukee and Makita are the ones that started this trend, and in order to play the price game, DeWALT had to do it as well. The difference is tht DeWALT did it in ways that have very little effect on the tool. And I would think that there will eventually be both options in the 20v line, as DeWALT did in their 18v line (similar kits with both the premium or the price point options)

I think I know the answer this but I will ask anyways.  Besides the two compact drills, how many of the new 20V Max tools are really newly designed tools and not just current 18V tools with updated handles and electronics to accomodate the new slide pack batteries?

All of the tools have more changes than meet the eye, but you are right, the hammer drill, sds drill, recip and circ saw are very similar to the 18v system at this point. The impact drivers are different, and obviously the brushless is completely different. You will see the differences become more substantial as new phases come out.

Archived