Dewalt tile saw D24000 problem

UberNuub

So after 2 years of using my wet saw it quit working so i took to Dewalt factory service and let them take it apart, the repair quote is about $200. Gear box and armature need to be replaced. Today i got a call from the shop that the armature is on back order and they just don't have it so they can sell me a new wet saw for $430.

That sounds ridiculous to me. That's how Dewalt cares about their products and customers? So all D24000 owners are basically screwed because as soon as the armature goes bad they have to buy a new saw? What is this? New marketing technique how to sell more?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sounds like they are asking if you'd rather replace your current saw for half the price of retail, or $230 more than fixing the armature. I doubt the part is completely unavailable. I see several other 3rd party part distributors carry that armature in stock. Are you sure there was not some miss-communication?

Either way, it's not acceptable to not have available part's, for a actively sold tool. Worse case scenario, order the part online a replace it yourself. Part's only $48+ shipping.

Parts go on and off of back order (for all kinds of companies) often.  Being on back order means that it won't ship the day they order it, but most back orders for our company ship pretty quickly.  I completely understand your frustration, so don't get me wrong on that note.  And my understanding of what they are offering you is the "competitive trade up" price on a new tool, even though your tool is not a competitive brand, to try and help lessen the inconvenience, as well as get you a working unit faster.

Hope that they get the part to you soon!

Parts go on and off of back order (for all kinds of companies) often.  Being on back order means that it won't ship the day they order it, but most back orders for our company ship pretty quickly.  I completely understand your frustration, so don't get me wrong on that note.  And my understanding of what they are offering you is the "competitive trade up" price on a new tool, even though your tool is not a competitive brand, to try and help lessen the inconvenience, as well as get you a working unit faster.

Hope that they get the part to you soon!

I can't afford to spend almost $500 on a new saw. I told them that all i am willing to pay is the $200 they quoted me to repair besides i think that the motor should last much longer than 2 years. I am very disappointed. All my tools are Dewalt and i have 10 years old drills still working.

Archived