20 Volt Work-Site Charger/Radio?

comay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a self-employed handyman and count on my DeWalt tools on a daily basis. I am completely invested in the DeWalt line of cordless tools, and overall, am very pleased with the tool quality and durability. The radio/charger however leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Radio reception is poor. The tuning doesn't seem to stay "locked" on a station and drifts off after a while. It also doesn't seem to pull stations in very well that are farther away. More importantly, the battery charger is nearly worthless. Most of the time, I get the quick flash series indicating that the battery is no good and should be replaced. I put the same battery in a regular charger and it charges in 45 minutes with no problem. All other features are fine. I like having three outlets - a no brainer that should have been on the earlier model. Controls are fine and can be used with gloves on. For the job site radio, the sound is very good. Somebody else complained about the sound quality. Really!? If your job site is a cubicle, then by all means, forget this DeWalt and go for the Bose Wave radio. Bottom line, for the money, this radio should charge the batteries just as well as the stand alone chargers, and the radio tuner should be much better. If you don't have DeWalt batteries to charge, forget this radio. Your money can be much better spent. If you want to charge DeWalt batteries, forget this radio and stick with the standard chargers.

• 2 weeks later...

you would think that dewalt would at least give some input as to a hint of a release date instead of feeding everyone a picture and making them sit and wait just to find out when the Heck it is going to be available. Who are you? APPLE

That's funny right there.

• 2 months later...

This is crap invested lot money in 20v tools and not be able to get radio charger in 20v,makes me wonder if 20v will be deleted after while?

Settle down buddy. It is coming. One of the reasons that DeWALT tools are so good, is that our development process takes longer than other companies. The benefit of waiting a little longer for tools to launch is that the quality is better. The radio charger is coming soon.

When is it coming out june or after anyone have pictures yet ?

I don't know about pictures, but the brushless Impact is hitting stores now, the metal cutting circ. saw and the impact wrenches are also coming in the next month or two. Launches will be happening fast in the 20v line!

• 5 months later...