New DEWALT® TOUGHSYSTEM™

kanxrus

New DEWALT® TOUGHSYSTEM™ Provides Convenient and Innovative Storage Options;

NEW YORK, NY – OCTOBER 5, 2011 – DEWALT announced today the introduction of its TOUGHSYSTEM™ storage solution during a product introduction luncheon at the Westin Times Square. The unique system is comprised of three modular storage units (DWST08201, DWST08203 and DWST08204) and metal carrier (DWST08210) for ultimate jobsite organization. The TOUGHSYSTEM™ allows any professional to build the storage option that fits their needs. Technicians, electricians and contractors can all use different combinations, eliminating the need for multiple storage boxes spread throughout the jobsite or workshop.

“Our new storage solution offers contractors a means of organizing, sorting and transporting their tools and materials from one jobsite to the next,†said Naama Eylon, storage commercialization manager. “We designed this system to save contractors time by allowing them to customize their storage options and only pull out the tools they need for each application.â€

Constructed of four-millimeter structural foam for jobsite durability, three stand alone units make-up the TOUGHSYSTEMâ„¢. The DWST08201 is a robust briefcase with carry handle that fits both power tools and accessories. The unit is designed to hold an entire set of tools. The DWST08204 provides removable vertical storage for easy access and organization.

Professionals can efficiently store their screwdrivers, chisels, etc. in an upright format for stress-free searching. The unit can also fit power tool chargers and other large accessories. The DWST08203 comes equipped with a deep removable tray which is designed to fit a cordless tool battery and charger.

The three storage cases are stackable, connected by their side latches, enabling a contractor to lift two or three cases at once. Each of the units is also furnished with an integrated water seal for tool and material protection from rain, snow and other weather elements.

For trouble-free transportation around the jobsite, the DWST08201 L-cart carrier assists professionals in moving heavy materials and storage cases. The carrier can handle materials up to 260 lbs. and features adjustable, foldable brackets for tailored configuration. Contractors can even work directly from the carrier, without having to detach all storage units.

A central locking mechanism allows the stand-alone storage cases to securely attach to the carrier for easy transport. For jobsite security, padlock eyes permit locking of the stand-alone units.

Complete with a limited lifetime warranty, the TOUGHSYSTEMâ„¢ is available through independent and two-step distributors. The storage options are sold separately and expected to retail for the following prices:

• DWST08201: $49.99

• DWST08203: $59.99

• DWST08204: $69.99

• DWST08210: $189.99

About DEWALT;

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.

Summary;

DEWALT announced today the introduction of its TOUGHSYSTEMâ„¢ storage solution. The unique system is comprised of three storage units (DWST08201, DWST08203 and DWST08204) and metal carrier (DWST08210) for ultimate jobsite organization. The TOUGHSYSTEMâ„¢ allows any professional to build the storage option that fits their needs. Technicians, electricians and contractors can all use different combinations, eliminating the need for multiple storage boxes spread throughout the jobsite or workshop.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

These things sure are awesome...especially when you see them set up like Mr yellow......but jeez I think they are over priced.. I mean the nice tool box is 25 bucks.... The XL isn't as big as some of Stanley's that are on wheels..and the 60... Plus a 200 dollar Plastic dolly. Its Mice I would need a ton of money for that though.....any thoughts

I thought they were priced a little high when I first bought them, but I have changed my mind since.  These boxes are built better than most Stanley boxes, and they offer organization that is superior.  I am mainly speaking of the XL box.  I think it is the best box of the set, and you can find it online on sale for $55 right now.  For some reason, I don't value the large box all that much just because the XL box has way more space and offers a lot more organization for me.  I had to pay $69 for my XL box, but it came with a Dewalt "fat max" 35' tape measure that has good value.  I didn't buy the dolly because I already have one and I just bungee my boxes on it when I need to.  In my opinion, it looks like the tough system is probably the most durable on the market. 

• 6 months later...