My DeWalt DW304 TYPE 2 RECIPICATION SAW QUIT WORKING BAD SWITCH

HYDRO

The saw stopped running.  It was the switch.  After more research I found the Triac made by ST Microelectronics was not working.  Instead of spending ~$24 for a new switch I found the Traic at West Florida Components. 5903 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey, FL 34652 Mail@westfloridacomponents.com  phone 86634-2003. www.westfloridacomponents.com

the part number is T523PE06  Description  BTB12-12A 600V Triac ST Microelectonics.  The cost is $0.50.  I bought 2 and with shipping the cost was $4.50.  Saw works great now.  Remove the Triac by drilling the rivet out. Get a new rivet and mount the Triac the same way as the original.  With the Triac front toward you (POWER TAB TOWARD THE BACK AS IF IT WAS MOUNTED ON THE GOLD METAL PROBE)  and the three lead facing down - solder the black saw wire to the left lead and solder the white saw wire to the right lead of the triac.  The center lead is the same as the power tab that the rivet connects the triac to the gold metal Probe. The center lead can be cut off. Make sure you remove the plastic cover over the leads on the old traic and reuse it on the new one.  Install the probe in the slot in the saw where is was removed from.  The saw should work now.  If not then the trigger circuit in the switch is bad and you will have to buy the traic and switch assembly.  It worth $5 to see if its only the traic. Hope this help everyone. Bill

:)

Archived