A couple of my Fluke's

anadevi

Russ,

Thought you might like to see this.

1839_10_01_12_7_12_25.jpeg

1839_10_01_12_7_11_37.jpeg

The 8846A is still has a valid cal. It was originally spec'd at 24ppm, but Fluke revised that to 15ppm.

The Fluke 87 I purchased in March 1993. John Fluke MFG Co. Inc. Everett Washington, Made in USA. I have never had this meter recalibrated and you see 19 years later it's still accurate.  I don't use it anymore because I don't have the kit to repair the LCD (bad contacts).

Note: I should have mentioned, the 10V input was not a 10V reference. The 8846A reading is what the 87 is being measured against.

Now that is some awesome images.  I really like Fluke 8846A, looks like something out of the past, but in a awesome, yet very functional item. 

But what I personally think is the best of the best, is the Fluke 87, not only is made made in USA, but look how clear that LCD screen is.  If that fact alone  doesn't sway you, well the only other features that would might be that this is probably the last Fluke Multimeter made by the Fluke Company before they were bought out by Phillips ( The specialize in health products these days) and I am willing to bet, the circuits are gold plated, not silver or zinc plated like they are now and days. 

I have two Fluke tools myself, I'll post them later today.

I pretty much don't need precision volt measurements so here are mine... FYI the extech was closest to the actual volts. ...

rkspj5.jpg

I like my pocket one and I always use at work... when repairing HVAC units... the cables broke off and so did the test leads too... so I mane my own... :)

ioddg0.jpg

BTW, I googled fluke 87 and why is it real expensive. 

Thanks for posting the pics. The 87 of mine does not get much use these days. I just ordered the repair kit directly fro Fluke. After 19 years they still carry part for it which is impressive.

The original John Fluke manufactured 87 was at the time the best handhold DMM available, both functional and quality.

I pretty much don't need precision volt measurements so here are mine... FYI the extech was closest to the actual volts. ...

Very impressed with you fix using a couple of pens and paper clips. Thank you very much for posting that.

I like my pocket one and I always use at work... when repairing HVAC units... the cables broke off and so did the test leads too... so I mane my own... :) 

Since this is a Dewalt board, I did not think people would be interested in the non-Dewalt tools I have or the more specialized test gear I own. I'll post some other gear I have if your intrested.

Also, I like Extech's test gear as well. I've only ever had good experiences with there meters.

Archived