DEWALT® Launches 20 Volt MAX* Slide Battery Pack with Fuel Gauge

kanxrus

DEWALT® Launches 20 Volt MAX* Slide Battery Pack with Fuel Gauge

TOWSON, Md. (Feb. 7, 2012) – Today, DEWALT announces the launch of its new 20 Volt MAX* Lithium Ion Fuel Gauge Battery Packs, available in 1.5 amp hours (Ah) (DCB201) and 3.0 Ah (DCB200). Ideal for all professionals, the new battery packs allow users to quickly and easily determine the level of charge remaining on a 20V MAX* product.

“End users want to know what they are working with,†said John Castelino, senior product manager, DEWALT. “DEWALT’s new battery pack system is easy to use, robust and allows professionals to answer an important question: Do I have enough juice to get the job done?â€

DEWALT’s fuel gauge system consists of three green LED lights with a push button activator.  To determine the level of charge, a user simply presses the activation button. Based on the number of lights that illuminate, professionals will be able to determine the level of charge available in the battery pack.

The push button and gauge is located on the back of the battery packs in a recessed, well protected area. The fuel gauge packs are interchangeable with DEWALT’s 20V MAX* line.

The new 20 Volt MAX* Lithium Ion Fuel Gauge Battery Packs will be available in June 2012 anywhere DEWALT products are sold. The 1.5 Ah and 3.0 Ah Lithium Ion battery packs are expected to retail for $79 and $99 respectively.

All DEWALT tools that currently ship with 20V MAX* 3.0 Ah battery packs will be replaced with 20V MAX* 3.0 Ah battery packs with fuel gauges. All DEWALT cordless products with brushless motor technology will be sold with battery packs with fuel gauges. For end users looking for additional battery packs, both the 1.5 Ah and the 3.0 Ah battery packs with fuel gauges will be offered as individual stand alone battery packs. DEWALT 20V MAX* Compact Cordless products will continue to be sold with 1.5 Ah battery packs without fuel gauge packs.

The following SKUs will have DEWALT battery packs with a fuel gauge.

FuelGaugeSpecs.jpg

About DEWALT;

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.

Summary;

DEWALT’s new 20 Volt MAX* Lithium Ion Fuel Gauge Battery Packs, offered as 1.5 Ah (DCB201) and 3.0 Ah (DCB200) have an indicator light to show charge capacity and are compatible with all DEWALT 20 Volt MAX* products.

Social Content for Publishing

Twitter

The new 20V MAX batteries from @DEWALTtough offer a fuel gauge and a charger for your stem and slide packs. http://bit.ly/yqRjBB #PowerTools

Facebook

Wouldn’t it be great if you could tell how much power your DEWALT batteries have before they run out? Now you can, with the new 20V MAX* Fuel Gauge Packs. Also check out their new Duel Port Combination Charger – it charges all of your DEWALT batteries for 20V MAX* stem and slide pack batteries from 7.2 to 20 volts. http://bit.ly/yqRjBB

###

* With respect to the 20V MAX*: Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.

• 2 months later...

That's a great feature. No more up and down ladders/roofs with almost empty batteries.

Too bad they didn't offer this on the 20v Max initial launch. Oh well, one can't have everything ;)

Sure glad I bought the Milwaukee tools lipo set.  They've had fuel gauges for over 2 years now!  <g>

~Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Is there anyway to know if the DCD985 that I'm looking at buying has the new battery packs or not? Has there been any label changes to indicate that the new batteries are in the box or not?

Are the above SKUs the only ones that are being upgraded right now? Or will the  kits get upgraded too? I've thought about the DCK292L2 kit as well, but again would much rather have the new batteries.

The last time that I was looking at these it seemed like the batteries would be the older style ones. If I'm buying new now, I'd rather have the ones with the fuel gauge (Part of the reason the Blue set my wife bought me is going back this weekend).

Thanks for any information you guys can share.

Jim

It will almost definitely be a new box with the info.  I have not seen them anywhere yet.  I doubt they would just slap a sticker on the old boxes and let that fly.  They totally re-designed the 12 volt drill box packages and all they changed was the dewalt sticker on the drill!

• 4 weeks later...