DEWALT METAL CHOPSAW EXPERIENCE! LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS.

kanxrus

DW8500_1.jpg

DEWALT has contacted us to invite our members to participate in the "Chopsaw Blade Experience" (this is what we are calling it). They are looking for serious metal worker's who use a chopsaw on a normal basis to participate.

The skinny;

DEWALT has a new diamond chop saw blade that lasts 100 times longer than a standard blade. This new blade is going on tour around the USA to people who constantly use a chop saw to cut metal. Each participant will use the new blade for one week, complete a video testimonial and send it to the next person.  

For your time, Dewalt will be offering some give-away's. Detail's to follow.

More detail's to follow. For now, if you are a serious metal worker, and you are interested in participating. Please mention it in this topic. Later when we have all the information, we will contact you.

dw8500_a2.jpg

Now being retired  ;), I have time to give my honey do list  :o more attention, on which there are a couple of jobs that would require extensive metal work and to try out a new piece of equipment would be ideal  8).

Ron

I come across claims like this from time to time and while I do notice a difference in blades from one to the next I don't see how one blade can outlast another by 300 times. I would like to try it for myself and if chosen I will give my honest opinion. Besides my clock will not keep time on my current DeWalt radio even with a new battery, so a new radio is never a bad thing.

I come across claims like this from time to time and while I do notice a difference in blades from one to the next I don't see how one blade can outlast another by 300 times. I would like to try it for myself and if chosen I will give my honest opinion. Besides my clock will not keep time on my current DeWalt radio even with a new battery, so a new radio is never a bad thing.

Look up the dw8500. It is a diamond abrasive wheel.

between me and my father in law im sure we could put this blade to the test, theres always atleast a few big metal projects going on at one of our places, i could have put a beating on this blade a little while ago building bumpers out of 3" schedule 80, instead i smoked about 4 blades in a half hour

I've got a couple thousand sticks of 1 inch square tubing that are about to be cut down to make fence panels, was planning on using my cold saw and cutting in the shop  (cold saw will put ANY abrasive saw out of work in a heartbeat, but they don't come cheap)

I will put it head to head, cut for cut. -

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to product test the Dewalt DW8500 14'' Dimond Blade on my Dewalt DW872 Multi Cut Chop Saw.  I'm a Mechcanical Contractor and a cut a lot of versa bar, steel angle, and u chanel for hanging heavy equipment. I love the new design of the blade. Dewalt is takeing power tools to a new level. I realy hope to get a chance to try out this great product. Dewalt Power Tools Finest..................

I would love to product test the Dewalt DW8500 14'' Dimond Blade on my Dewalt DW872 Multi Cut Chop Saw.  I'm a Mechcanical Contractor and a cut a lot of versa bar, steel angle, and u chanel for hanging heavy equipment. I love the new design of the blade. Dewalt is takeing power tools to a new level. I realy hope to get a chance to try out this great product. Dewalt Power Tools Finest..................

While the 8500 technically will work on the dw872, it is not the ideal saw. Don't get me wrong, you have a GREAT saw, it's just that the RPM's are too slow for the diamond wheel to cut quickly, as well as not get gummed up. The dw8500 is made for high rpm abrasive chop saws (3700 rpm range, not the 1700 range if the dw872). Your saw is as good as it gets, but made for a different type of blade.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...