Lets get the 20v Max Radio released already!!!

StewartCarpentry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a release date? New features? A couple pics? Throw us a bone!

Absolutely love Dewalt, everything I own is the Yellow and Black, but I'm sorry to say the current radio (which I also own) doesn't hold a candle to the current Bosch Power Box. I want to see the new one before I upgrade.

AMEN!!! So I'm going to the Nascar race in charlotte tomorrow and I'll be asleep there will be some tailgating involved .. I forgot that I gave my 18 volt batteries to a friend who still uses the system. all I have now or 20 and 12 volt tools (cordless).. so I had to borrow back some batteries to take my radio...I have 4 20 volt 3.0 and 6 12v... I LOVE the flashlights...I NEED THAT RADIO...

AMEN!!! So I'm going to the Nascar race in charlotte tomorrow and I'll be asleep there will be some tailgating involved .. I forgot that I gave my 18 volt batteries to a friend who still uses the system. all I have now or 20 and 12 volt tools (cordless).. so I had to borrow back some batteries to take my radio...I have 4 20 volt 3.0 and 6 12v... I LOVE the flashlights...I NEED THAT RADIO...

Soon, very soon....

So I just got off the phone with customer service. The young lady on the other end said (in a completely confident tone) "it will be released in the 3rd quarter, so... around October".

I'm currently borrowing a 14v battery from a friend to keep my old work sight radio going. I hope they can do an early 3rd

Quarter release

very disappointing, you'd think with all the requests they would want to make the customers wishes come true. Bosch was capable of making a nice radio(too bad it doesn't take the 20volt dewalt batteries) everyone else has one. If you are going to release a new line of tools, don't take your sweet time doing so, not everyone wants to wait to wait to see a couple new toys every few months, only to have something better come out a few months later.  Just rambling on now super pissed and now going to evaluate buying a different brand with a couple extra batteries to go wireless with... Thanks DeWalt

So I just got off the phone with customer service. The young lady on the other end said (in a completely confident tone) "it will be released in the 3rd quarter, so... around October".

I'm currently borrowing a 14v battery from a friend to keep my old work sight radio going. I hope they can do an early 3rd

Quarter release

Sorry, not soon as you think......next year

Wow, and here I thought that the customer service rep would have been a definite answer.

Not having that radio is just about infuriating enough to make me  see RED. :P

I don't know, guess I will never understand why corporations have a tendency to push their customer base (the people who actually communicate) off to the side.

I wonder why it's taking so long, what features will it have, or who will be providing the amplifier and speakers. Rockford Fosgste, klipsch.....wishful thinking

Wow, and here I thought that the customer service rep would have been a definite answer.

Not having that radio is just about infuriating enough to make me  see RED. :P

I don't know, guess I will never understand why corporations have a tendency to push their customer base (the people who actually communicate) off to the side.

I wonder why it's taking so long, what features will it have, or who will be providing the amplifier and speakers. Rockford Fosgste, klipsch.....wishful thinking

It has nothing to do with that man, other factors involved, that is why the launch date was pushed back......

Soon, very soon....

next year!!!!! christmas is right around the corner too i guess.

I'm going to assume that the radio charger would be considered a small consumer charger ( I sure hope it pulls less than 2kW, and if not it better sound like im at a concert)

I guess it makes sense to release the product after the new standards have been met instead of shutting down production and re-tooling/programming the line. I am just hoping it doesn't mean the release is after 2-1-13 considering that DeWalt/Stanley has had since at least the beginning of Feb 2012 to come up with a redesign.

I can also assume the current chargers don't meet the new standards

wait wait wait.......I thought the radio had a design closer to that of a power supply or step down transformer which just happened to connect its self to a charging circuit whenever it detected that it was plugged in to utility.

im going to stop rambling now. I was just really hoping to have a new radio to help me get through the upcoming apocalypse in December ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I work for Dewalt and have never seen this picture. But they don't tell us sales guys too much. You all know as much as I do. It looks legit though.

Yea i understand. The rep at my home depot honestly didnt know about half the new tools that already came out..He was a great guy and showed me his brushless impact before the stores had them...but i honestly felt like i should have been driving that beautiful dewalt truck he had....haha Im pretty sure he was new..

I have not seen the new radio either, so I can't speak to the picture. I wouldn't pay attention to that price though. Weigh the other factors (Grainger and European).

As far as the rep at your home depot... Our HD and Lowes reps are good guys, and should be pretty knowledgable on the tools that are carried in their respective box stores, but they typically do not deal with the rest of the DeWALT line.