Lets get the 20v Max Radio released already!!!

StewartCarpentry

So I just got off the phone with the local acklands Graingier store in Peterborough Ontario Canada and they said they can

Order them in and it would take about 5 to 10 days to come in and te price posted is the cash sale account and

It would only be cheaper if you had an account with them

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Unless they can get a Radio that kicks Makita's butt with regards to Sound Quality and 'comparible' price (and yes I do understand that Makita doesn't charge batteries) then as far as I am concerned, it might get a cool reception on release..

I am an avid Dewalt user/fan, but quite frankly past Dewalt radio's 'suck' compared to Makita. I'm sorry to say that I have 'modified' a Makita Radio to accept the older 18v plug-in style Dewalt batteries. And believe me, it pains me to admit Makita's superiority in this instance...

Sound is great, size is better and radio reception outstrips Dewalt 10 fold...

Looking forward to eating my words and past opinions of Dewalt radios...

i hate to bash dewalt but the radios that they have released up until now have not been very impressive, radio reception is poor at best ,holding a station "ha" i have to re-tune several times a day, and forget charging batteries and listening to AM stations.

I Only hope the new radio is better because i already invested in 20v tech

Kind of stupid that we wait this long to have pretty well the same radio as the last model, take a look at Bosch and maybe hire their engineers boys, plugging a phone into your radio to listen to a playlist is pointless if you answer your phone 20 times a day or more.  Satellite radio is crisp clear sound with over a hundred channels that can be listened to ANYWHERE including areas where reception is shit.  If dewalt comes out with a satellite version of there radio 6 months from now, I may burn all of my thousands of dollars of dewalt equipment lol, peace out rant done

So is this kinda the 'replacement' for the DC012 or will the DC012 be produced for a while?

Will Dewalt still keep coming out with new & better 12/14.4/18v radios (& tools) or is all focus on the 12/20V MAX?

It's not a replacement for the DC012, it will continue being manufactured. I can't comment on future products but for the most part 12/20v Max platform will be the focus.