A possible pic of the new radio!!!!

quig1984

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi;

just coming back from one of the largest trade fairs in Germany; lot of DeWalt news;

I will post in several categories

Radio (for 18V/ 20V max batteries, and of course 10,8/ 12V max batteries)

naming convention in Europe

DCR016 = Radio with bass & treble speakers (no charger function), USB charger

DCR017 = Radio and charger

both are listed now in the 2013 catalog to be available April 2013

very nice ! ... a bit too late , but worth waiting for !!!

2) just to keep interest up high

also shown was the dcn690 nailer

ds250 tough box (2 drawer)

dwe396, DWE397 alligator saws

dcs373 18V/20v max = metal cutting circ. saw

Were the new circular saws (DWE550, DWE560, DWE575 and DWE576) and angled grinders (DWE series, with XR like rubber grip, both in 180 & 230mm) also on the fair?

We have the largest show in the Netherlands coming up next month. Looking forward to see the new toys

You don't have the saws in EU yet? They are out in the US. The new Large Angle grinders start shipping in the next couple weeks.

I'm not really sure. They were announced some months ago, though the release has been delayed.

Maybe they are available now, but haven't seen them anywhere yet besides some online retailers, but they don't carry stock. From what I've heard they should be coming this month. I think with the upcoming fair everything falls in place...new saws, grinders, XR framing nailer and new extreme framing sawblades to name some.

• 9 months later...

are there any reviews on the new generation radio yet? have had mine for only a week and it is beautiful, well made but totally useless as an actual radio. i pick up 80% more stations on my mobile phone fm radio! why is this? i was so disappointed i returned it to swap, assuming it had a fault but all the others in the shop were exactly the same...

are there any reviews on the new generation radio yet? have had mine for only a week and it is beautiful, well made but totally useless as an actual radio. i pick up 80% more stations on my mobile phone fm radio! why is this? i was so disappointed i returned it to swap, assuming it had a fault but all the others in the shop were exactly the same...

Which radio did you get?  I have both the DCR015 and 018, and both get really good reception - even better than my truck.

hi jones, i have the dcr017 which is dab digital as well as FM it also has the charging function. mine will only pick up one station on fm at best and sometimes it picks up a dab signal. my home radio works fine, car and van radios work fine but this dewalt is poor. had the same thing when i bought the last model but we changed it for another and the second was fine.

of course the dealer i got it from has tried to tell me that fm signal is weak now as everything is moving over to digital but i know this is bull. they have asked me to continue using it and if still not happy, return within 30 days. all in all i just want to have music for me and the lads on site.

Huh, interesting. It may be a geographical/technology difference. Mine works fine, but it's a different country, model, and technology being used. I couldn't really speak to yours, as I do not really know anything about radios outside the US.  Sorry you are having issues, and I hope that they get resolved!