DEWALT DC727C2-QW

Mahon

Hi; GATORB888

Thank you.

I saw the reviews on the link you provided.

They are all very bad, should I be concerned?

I know that some people owning or worshipping a certain brad, like to demolish another brand in reviews for fun or kicks!!

Is that chuck so bad, like they are claiming???

Are there some tests/compares or videos of the DCD775KL??

regards

Mahon

It is a really good drill. It is in the compact class, so it is obviously not built to perform extremely heavy applications, but for average work (screw driving, twist bits up to around 1/2", spade bits up to 1 1/2", etc, it is great.  Most of the chuck complaints I have heard are not about quality, they are because it has a percussion chuck/drill, so they inherently have some movement in and out (chuck to drill body), as that is required for the percussion/hammer function to work.  If you do not need or want a hammer function, get the DCD760L, same drill with a different chuck and no hammer function.

Hi; GATORB888

Thank you.

I saw the reviews on the link you provided.

They are all very bad, should I be concerned?

I know that some people owning or worshipping a certain brad, like to demolish another brand in reviews for fun or kicks!!

Is that chuck so bad, like they are claiming???

Are there some tests/compares or videos of the DCD775KL??

regards

Mahon

I have no reason to discredit those peoples reviews but just keep in mind people typically do not go through the trouble of reviewing things unless they've had a problem with them. This is a compact hammer drill and if drilling in concrete is going to be one of your primary applications I would step up to the premium hammer drill. This drill is great for many applications and also has the hammer function available to you when you need it. It does have a standard Jacobs chuck, which is a proven chuck and well built, but it is not as heavy duty as the ones on the premium drills required for lots of concrete drilling. So just keep that in mind. Am I promising the bit will never slip out when hammer drilling? No, there is a lot of vibration and it's a ratcheting chuck, and it may happen every once in a while. But if saving money, having a lighter/smaller drill is more important to you then I think you would be very happy with this tool. As far as reviews, I would just go to youtube and type in the model number. Hope this helps!

Hi Gatorb888;

Thank you for the great reply :)

It just arrived and I love the weight and handling.

30 minutes loading comes in handy, to!

It's mostly screw and drill work as a hobby & sometimes hammering in brick or concrete. (but rare)

But many reviewers on other sites and tests are claiming the hammering is very powerful and they love it.

So I'll surly keep it, because I love it, also.

Maybe 2 more quest:

1, when it is in slow gear and stopping it makes no extra noise.

In high gear however and stopping, I hear some short kind of torque / rattle noise at the end before stopping??

This happens in every torque, drill and hammer position, but not in slow gear, only in the fast gear position.

Is that the normal behavior of the drill

2, I have no bits or drills yet.

There are so many sets on the Dewalt market, though?

What would you recommend for  this tool as a nice workable set of bits & drills, that I can use whit the DEWALT  DC727C2-QW

best regards

Mahon

Hi Gatorb888;

Thank you for the great reply :)

It just arrived and I love the weight and handling.

30 minutes loading comes in handy, to!

It's mostly screw and drill work as a hobby & sometimes hammering in brick or concrete. (but rare)

But many reviewers on other sites and tests are claiming the hammering is very powerful and they love it.

So I'll surly keep it, because I love it, also.

Maybe 2 more quest:

1, when it is in slow gear and stopping it makes no extra noise.

In high gear however and stopping, I hear some short kind of torque / rattle noise at the end before stopping??

This happens in every torque, drill and hammer position, but not in slow gear, only in the fast gear position.

Is that the normal behavior of the drill

2, I have no bits or drills yet.

There are so many sets on the Dewalt market, though?

What would you recommend for  this tool as a nice workable set of bits & drills, that I can use whit the DEWALT  DC727C2-QW

best regards

Mahon

No problem, I am glad you like it.

1. That sound you hear is an electric brake stopping the motor from turning once you let go of the trigger. Nothing to be worried about and it's doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

2. I am not familiar with the product offering outside of the United States but if it is similar to what we offer there are 3 types of bits.

Black Oxide - Wood, PVC

Titanium/Gold Farrous - Wood, PVC, Light Metals

Cobalt - Wood, PVC, light and heavy metals.

So depending on what type of applications you plan on doing should determine what bits you buy. Black Oxide will be the cheapest with Cobalt being the most expensive. Then of course you have Carbide/Hammer Drill bits for drilling into concrete.

Hi All

What can I say....

I did some work this weekend on my dads chalet.

The hammer drill is terrific, wow

4 holes in heavy concrete went in like cake, no chuck problems al all!

Normal wood drilling is heaven.

Screwing without pilot holes is a dream.

Weight and handling are superb.

Very powerful tool, much better then I expected.

Even the case is great qua balance.

So.... I'm a very happy DEWALT user and Customer!!

Thank you so much at all for the interest and good information!

Best regards

Mahon Antwerpen Belgium