DeWalt Li-ion battery question.

JJC1

Hi,

I've just purchased my first cordless combi drill, a Dewalt DCD785 and I was wondering what the best practice is with regards to trying to optimize the overall lifespan of the 18v XR battery. I see that you can charge them at any time and DeWalt recommends that they're fully charged if being left unused for long periods.

My question is; Is it best to run them until flat and then fully recharge for the first few initial charges?

The reason I ask is, I've often heard it mentioned that Lithium batteries benefit from several full charges initially to help 'condition' them. I believe that info was mainly regarding camera Lithium batteries, but does it also apply to the DeWalt XR batteries?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Just use them. There will probably be a more technical response offered on here by one if the battery gurus, but honestly, the battery is going to last pretty much the same amount of time for you regardless of how you use it (unless you subject it to abusive conditions obviously).

Just my two cents.