1.5Ah vs 3.0Ah

presidentsdad

Hey folks.  I need to buy some new batteries, so I thought now would be a good time to upgrade to the 20v max system from my 18V XRP system.  Plus really NEED the BL Impact Driver! :)

My question is this.  Is it really worth it to get the 3.0Ah batteries over the 1.5Ah batteries?  Obviously, the 3.0 has more run time than the 1.5, but is it worth $75-100 more for the kits with the 3.0 batteries?

depends on what tools you are planning on using alot if you are gonna use the circular saw or grinder alot then get the bigger batteries if you plan on just drilling holes and putting in screws go with the smaller batteries. I like the smaller batteries best for the impact because you can put screws in all day and it makes the impact really light weight

You are the only real person that can answer that for you really. You know the difference- 3.0 is twice the run time, twice the charge time, twice the weight, along with an extra year if warranty. If light weight is more important to you, get 1.5, if run time/warranty are more important, get 3.0. Also, think about the tools you want to run. If you plan on using the recip., circ, grinder, etc., you will probably want to go with the 3.0 packs.

It comes down to what matters more to you.

• 8 years later...