What's in your tough box?

dano_uk

I have thought about using one for such purpose, but I need all the boxes for other stuff.
I'll post some pictures of some boxes soon. I don't use inserts. Rather use as many space available for accessories so I can grab one box and have a machine and it's accessories with me.

Here's one I did modify to neatly carry the discs.

D28137-1.JPG

D28137-3.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another one, from my DCD985. This is why I don't need inserts. The accessories are my inserts ;)

DCD985.JPG

This is not a Toughbox, but this was how I used to carry the most used handtools. In a Fatmax Xtreme bag.

Fatmax%201.JPG

Fatmax%202.JPG

I have changed to a new DeWALT bag last week. Similar to the Fatmax one, but just a bit smaller, which is good because the Fatmax was loaded and no fun to carry around a lot.

• Like 1

Looking good Mr Yellow.

I agree with inserts.. Might suit some people, but too be honest, I find them pointless. You would not get anywhere near as much in your drill box as you have..

Liking the grinder idea. Might have to 'get permission' to borrow that idea...

Here's my Plunge saw set up in a DS300 box...

IMG_0829.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, why waste the space with foam or such.
I can see an use for inserts when you wanna carry a laser in a Toughbox. You don't want that tumbling inside.
For anything else, fill it up with accessories.

The tracksaw must be made for the DS300. It fits in so well. Yours is similar to mine...
Funny, I took this pictue this afternoon when I finished using it.

Tracksaw.JPG

And here's the new bag...with my new ear muffs (DCR001)
Much better reception and audio quality than the previous model (RDW173). Although I liked the headband of the Radians better.

DeWALT%20Toolbag%201.JPG

DeWALT%20Toolbag%202.JPG

There is just one rule for borrowing my idea....to show the end result here ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Those are carriage bolts. There is a little more than meets the eye though.

Inside the aluminium pipe is an extended nut to connect the 2 bolts (one bolt secured with Loctite). I also used plastic endcaps of which I cutoff the cap. The remains are inside both ends of the pipe. This is to keep the pipe centered on the bolts so it lines up nicely.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Anyone got any good ideas for storing screwdriver vertically in the toughSystem boxes, i thought about using spring slips to hold them to the side wall but dont really want to put 10 holes through it.

Ive tried looking for a s/driver rail that will fit the Dewalt 10 pc set, but to no avail.

Another idea is to drill through 2 pieces of identical plastic and mount that on to the case, i dont really want to trash my case though if there is a genuine s/driver storage solution.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's another one, from my DCD985. This is why I don't need inserts. The accessories are my inserts ;)

DCD985.JPG

This is not a Toughbox, but this was how I used to carry the most used handtools. In a Fatmax Xtreme bag.

Fatmax%201.JPG

Fatmax%202.JPG

I have changed to a new DeWALT bag last week. Similar to the Fatmax one, but just a bit smaller, which is good because the Fatmax was loaded and no fun to carry around a lot.

Emphasis on Extreme? hehe,that must have not been much fun to lug around.

Oh and now I refuse to buy the new Milwaukee box. C'mon guys....seriously?????? Not modular, what are you guys thinking about. DEWALT has a modular....wait....two modular systems!!!! I feel really deflated. Kinda like when I found out Santa was my Dad. :(

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have 15 tough boxes from the smaller storage for fixings which I have 2 of also 2 of the 400 the biggest and the rest are 300 size.

They are brilliant apart from the side catches that hold one box to another, these are useless and snap in no tome. But in every other respect they are fantastic. And the cart may be big but it is built like a battleship and tough as you can get. :)

• 4 weeks later...