DeWalt starting to faze out the 18V line?

roadhog96

I just noticed the DC960 right angle drill is nowhere to be found on the DeWalt site. I even tried doing a search with no results found. I found one site that said this model discontinued. Could this be the beginning of a slow faze out? Maybe this isn't the first 18V tool to have already been discontinued but it's the first one that I'm aware of. Anyone else notice 18V tools starting to disappear. Never thought it was going to start happening this soon, 20V Max has only been out about a year now.

well, I'm from Europe (Germany)

Literature, Product catalogs and Quarterly flyers are much better here than in USA

(yes, we have Quarterly flyers !!!)

Already in the 2012 product catalog two items have been marked as discontinued / phased out

date printed were approx. July 2012 for

dc330 jigsaw

dc411 angle grinder

the 2013 product catalog should be availabel Mid January, as we have a big trade show in Germany

at the trade show also the dcn690 nailer will be shown and available immediately

there is also a new alligator saw coming;

more details to follow approx. Jan 16 2013

well, I'm from Europe (Germany)

Literature, Product catalogs and Quarterly flyers are much better here than in USA

(yes, we have Quarterly flyers !!!)

Already in the 2012 product catalog two items have been marked as discontinued / phased out

date printed were approx. July 2012 for

dc330 jigsaw

dc411 angle grinder

the 2013 product catalog should be availabel Mid January, as we have a big trade show in Germany

at the trade show also the dcn690 nailer will be shown and available immediately

there is also a new alligator saw coming;

more details to follow approx. Jan 16 2013

Are you saying the dcn690 nailer and alligator saw are new 18V tools?

yes and no

dcn690 nailer in

Europe is 18V cordless XR system

in USA name will prob. be the same but marketed as a 20V max tool

(I also assume that with this tool the 4,0AH (amp) batteries will be introduced in USA

we have those batteries more than 6 months already in Europe

(again the batts are identical, 18v in Europe, marketed as 20v max in USA)

the alligator is a corded saw

(like dw393)

Discontinuing the right angle drill has nothing to do with the 20v system or "fazing out" the 18v system.

THANK YOU!!!  I have left this one alone, but it has annoyed the crap out of me that the diso of the right angle drill is being used/seen as a sign that 18v is being phased out! Seriously, this crap needs to stop! How many pointless threads on this forum need to be devoted to defending the long term plan for the 18v line!