Tough System Drawer Unit

PlumbCareServs

Hi

Does anyone have any firsthand experience of the new drawer units for the Toughsystem?

Basically I need to know whether they will take the weight of tools being stored in them (not too full but a reasonable amount) without breaking the hinges. Can't find the max weight rating of the drawers anywhere online...

Not sure if they are more designed for fixings / fittings etc :-\

Hi

Does anyone have any firsthand experience of the new drawer units for the Toughsystem?

Basically I need to know whether they will take the weight of tools being stored in them (not too full but a reasonable amount) without breaking the hinges. Can't find the max weight rating of the drawers anywhere online...

Not sure if they are more designed for fixings / fittings etc :-\

I assume you are talking about the DS250 2 Drawer unit for the Tough system... I have seen this unit, and the first thing to mention, is that it does not meet any IP ratings (unlike the other toolboxes in the rest of the range)... This is because it is a drawer unit..

I have not heard any reviews of this product (either good or bad) from trades guys using it, and I personally do not have one in my Van racking set up.

I have mailed the UK product manager directly over your question, and he has informed me that the DS250 is weight loaded at 10KG per drawer..

I suppose it depends on what tools you want to carry. For my hand-tools I use the T-stak system, with a combination of a T-stak 1 on top of a 4 (which the the 2 drawr version...

P1000032.jpg

Hope this helps...

That image above is of the T-Stack, not the Tough System.  The T-Stack is a lower priced storage system targeted more towards the interior contractors, whereas the Tough System is an all weather solution.

In my opinion, the T-Stak is lesser priced than the Tough system for a couple of reasons... It is narrower (smaller) in size, does not have IP ratings, and also does not have the ability to Stak onto the 'Arms' of the trolley or the likes of my Van racking system (as personally manufactured and documented on this forum by a couple of us Guys in Europe)...

On the other hand, the T-Stak has features that are better than the tough system.. Although smaller, it makes it easier to handle, and is better suited for smaller hand tools which the Tough system is pretty much useless at. It is versatile, as you can clip varying forms of boxes together (depending on your work criteria) and can split down to quite small individual units.

For me, it is a complimentary box system to the Tough-box and shouldn't be viewed as a cheaper alternative...

What the Tough System lacks, the T-Stak can cover.. And Vice-Versa...

Back to the OP... The DS250 for me will probably not end up on my Racking System as it is not IP rated, and it does not work as well as the T-Stak for my personal uses....