DWV012 Vacuum weak suction issue

dHoleman

All,

I have a new DWV012 10 Gal dust extractor vacuum and out of the box I am experiencing very weak suction.  I mean it will barely even pick up sawdust off the floor with the hose right down to it.  I have the suction cranked to the max and I would be lucky if it could hold up a piece of wood.  Any suggestions on what I should look at to trouble shoot this.  Like I said this this brand new so the filters are still clean and the hose if free from any obstructions.  It pulses and the rest of the features seem to work fine.  Folks rave that it's best in class in suction and this is one of the weakest I have ever experienced. I can tell you it can't suck a marble up off the floor if that's any point of reference.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Exchange it.  This will not have the same brute suction as a shop vac type vaccume strait out of the box, but is is a dust collection tool, so the point is that it maintains more than adequate suction for as long as the tank is not completely full.  That being said, it should have more than enouh suction to pull a marble off the floor.