How long has the new XR Brushless tool lineup been out?

roadhog96

When did these get announced? I just happened to go on DeWalts web site and it popped up. I saw the Brushless Impact Driver when they came out and figured it was just a matter of time and they would offer this feature on other tools. I guess I've been way to busy and haven't had time to keep up with all the new things. That new stuff looks cool.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm exited for the drivers...my hands on their first brushless drill/drivers. first generation..gets me a little excited. i was going to buy Milwaukee 12v fuel but i will buy this instead. and i will do what i like to do...take them apart and look at their inner workings.  ;D

Well, I was not able to get one of these, but for what I do (homeowner with appetite for projects), I settled on a DCD780 that I found at a local pawn shop- WOW!!! This sucker is FAST MAN!!! All I will need for a long time, and with one of my buddies being a DeWALT rep, the DCF895 is going to be my next investment, as soon as I can find a buyer for some of my M12 tools. I have a mix of tools, but I have to say that my new fav is my 20v drill- $120 makes this a KILLER investment. I now have 2 DeWalt tools and growing. :D;D

i've been wanting to open up the battery pack but i have not had time....today i did though.

lDIcoTi.jpg

YKd9UVV.jpg

from the numbers i saw on that battery it looks like it's a panasonic battery...though on the side of this picture it says "copyright 2012 sanyo"...i am just posting pics.

4gWxmeL.png

here are the numbers on the battery...

FjJ08js.jpg

It still bugs me that they call this a 40 watt hour battery. Sure it's 20v max, I don't have a problem with that. It's measurable. But you won't get 40 watt hours out of it.

Where does it say 40 watt hour? This is the 2.0Ah pack. There is also a 4.0 Ah pack available now that has twice as many cells as the one we are looking at.

Is that aluminum on the base?

that is an aluminum heat sink at the bottom and the battery shell has vent holes at the bottom too. that alone tell me that it gets hot. if you are familiar with CPU/GPU over clocking...things that one can get more performance out of them, need a heat sink. at least that is what that heat sink means to me.

i don't know if other battery pack have vent holes that have the same battery...if they don't, using this same battery...i guess dewalt is thinking more of longevity...IMO.

It still bugs me that they call this a 40 watt hour battery. Sure it's 20v max, I don't have a problem with that. It's measurable. But you won't get 40 watt hours out of it.

thanks...i few questions...

1- how do you calculate what hours?

2- how do you know the full technology of the battery? this may be new for 2013. the whole serial in the battery is UR18650RX Q50B

3- could it be a new battery based on sanyo technology mixed with panasonic technology?

E.G. i see this graph as new technology based on sanyo and panasonic combined to come up with a new battery..but i am not good at graphs though...but e.g.

pRNnxmQ.png

just curious, thanks.