Thoughts on the new Brushless?

arcobb

Hello everyone, I'm interested in thoughts on the new brushless compact drill/driver models. In particular are the electronics a week point in the life if the drills or will they hold up over time. I like the run time, however the brushes are not that big of a deal to replace where as the the circuit board may be prohibitive to replace if it goes? Or perhaps wait a generation for the brushless?

Thanks!

their year old brushless impact is holding great. plus the controller for the brushless is covered with electronics epoxy to protect it from the outside nature (on left in picture)

4714.JPG

also, most modern electronics are covered in a thin layer of clear electronic epoxy...not everyone does this because it is an extra expense but i would guess in drills that are top brand and expensive, that also are used out doors...this would be a requirement (like the picture shows). of course, you are not going to use it under the rain. a car can be driven in the rain and with stand going over puddles...but big puddles..all scars may stall and burn something. cars have electronics too.

so in all, i think you should not even worry about the electronics. they will last a life time.

they also have a 90 day money back...and i believe two years on the drill/driver...not sure, watch this here...