My 36v nano replacement battery died....

burlguy

Dewalt was kind enough to send me a replacement 36v battery for my 36v a123 cell battery that cooked itself. Well after 14 months and a dozen charges the new replacement battery has died. Is this battery under guarantee still or am I down $130? I was getting depleted runtime and it was shutting down on me so I threw it on the charger and it showed 2 lights after 5 minutes and I knew something was wrong.

I left it on the charger overnight  to balance the cells and now I came back to it and it has 3 flashing lights of death :'(

Am I out of luck?

• 3 weeks later...

The rep gave me some crap but in the end they replaced it. They are a new cell with 72 wh on the back of the battery, so even less run time than the last one.

First we had the amazing a123 cells (100 wh) which are still going strong 5 years later.

Then we got the sanyo a sized batteries(79 wh)doubled up.

Now I have not opened the pack but it is much lighter than all of the others. I am sure the run time and life will be even less. :'(