Reassembly of DeWalt Hammer Drill Transmission?

Scag

Hello All!

Firstly, I say that I'm great fan of DeWalt. As a tradesman of construction, I use them almost every day. I just purchased a DC825 compact impact wrench. I too use it for everything from working on vehicle to driving screws lol.

The other day on job, our old DW988 hammer drill started smoking. I believe it needs brushes, maybe motor. Boss was just going to throw it away, so I took it home to fix and keep for myself.

While working, the transsmission fell of my desk and disassembled there. Im trying to put it back together. I cannot seem to get it right. I created video directed to Ultimate Handyman of Youtube, but he did not reply. Does anyone here have advice? I think I mostly have it, but position of these small cylinder pins are very perplexing to me.

Also, who has best price for DeWalt parts? Maybe brush/motor?

Thank you all!

Here is video of me attemping to reassmble the drill! I think I made mistake. The snap ring is not a snap ring! After cleaning, I see there are special holes. It is meant to be a sort of actuator arm for engaging planetary gear to different speed position! Much puzzle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFM4edkA5yU

• 1 month later...