Heat Ceramic Glue gun

AmSup

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The glue gun is actually a great tool to have. Provides very strong bonds in wood projects. I've used mine to repair my daughter's wooden stools when she snapped the legs off and wasn't patient enough to wait for wood glue to dry. Also works very well with the Kreg jig.

I used hot glue to mount my chargers in a DeWalt case along with a power strip.

Nice set up.

Thanks. I like the glue gun approach because the glue will pop off with a little force and leave no trace.

The case works great for charging mass amounts of batteries. It's an OLD mold formed case I found in the trash. I don't recall if it had a tool model number or not on the case.

Great idea!

I've thought about doing something similar with a small ToughSystem and solder it all together. One outlet out the back/bottom.

So you can even use it in wet conditions. Although there's room for only 4 chargers I think, if you still want to be able to close it with the batteries on the chargers.

Just how many chargers does one need.

When I have my whole crew working at one site we run 16 chargers set up on 2 plywood totes and power strips...8 chargers per tote. Just shy of 60 batteries ranging from 1.5 amp to 4.0 amps, then of course we still run 18 volt but that is a whole different story. :)

When I have my whole crew working at one site we run 16 chargers set up on 2 plywood totes and power strips...8 chargers per tote. Just shy of 60 batteries ranging from 1.5 amp to 4.0 amps, then of course we still run 18 volt but that is a whole different story. :)

What kind of work are you doing?

So your they guy who is going to die with the most tools and win.

What kind of work are you doing?

We do complete remodels with a custom cabinet division. I personally run a lot of Festool but try to keep my crew away from those... you can imagine why. One of the first thing we do when we arrive on site is set up our own charging station. We do have corded tools but with the battery technology improvements we are almost completely cordless.

• Like 1

So your they guy who is going to die with the most tools and win.

lol...I will be the dead winner if my wife reads this post. She occasionally stops by the job sites, I tell her that my crew does pretty good for a bunch of guys with no tools and no talent. At that point she rolls her eyes and leaves mumbling something. :)

Your braver than me running Festool in that situation. I guess the only good thing is you have to be somewhat into tools to really know what Festool is about so it might get ignored over the bigger name brands. If I needed to use Festool tools I could only do it on job sites that I was the only guy or with helpers that you could really trust. Even then nothing is 100% people can hide their daemons well for a long time till your Kapex disappears one day for some problem you didn't know about. It amazes me though how many contractors will use worn out crappy tools. I had a friend refer me to an awesome trim and siding guy but they had absolute crap for tools. I'm really happy how my garage turned out after the siding melted from the fire. It was crazy how shitty their tools were they were using a beat up 14.4 Dewalt drill. This is not to bash Dewalt the problem was the Drill and batteries were just worn out. It had to be over 10 years old. Pick up a cheap Ryobi it probably wont last as long but it's cheap and it works better than that clapped out drill.

You are so right, I keep my Festools on my truck and close to me. As far as other workers not knowing what they're looking at, I've had subs actually tell me that I need to get some quality name brand tools and get rid of those Harbor Freight wanna be's...I felt confident that day that if I did have anything come up missing it would be my Dewalt or Bosch not those. :roll:

• Like 1

That's what I'm talking about!