Tough System

Canadian_Stig

I was at my local Home Depot this evening, I went to buy more Tough System boxes. I have the the three sizes already and I want a few more. The Guy at the Home depot said that all the Home depots In the Ottawa area have sold out of the DeWalt Tough System and that they will not be carrying it anymore. WTF, it is a real popular item, does this mean that DeWalt is not making the Tough System or supplying to Home Depot Canada?

I'm not worried, I know of small dealer that have them, but, the price is higher going to the smaller dealers.

Cheers,

C. 

• 2 weeks later...

it wouldnt be the first time Home Depot abandoned there customers, it seams like they sell the heck out of a tool (or in this case a storage box) then leave ya high and dry when you want more. I love the DeWalt impact hole saws, I have bought maybe 100 or so of them, I used to go to the Home Depot down the road to get them and it was a turkey shoot  as to weather or not they would have the right size, then one week they had none, just gone forever................ as was this Home Depot customer, now its Lowes for me.

• 2 months later...

Hi, im new to the site.........  just joined.

I just purchased a set of 3 Tough boxes from my local Home Hardware store.....

TSC had the large on sale for $10 off which HH matched.

I almost bought the cart as well but $189 seems steep and its kinda wide for wheeling it around

it someones home .....    Im thinking of getting a regular hand cart that also folds down flat into a trolley

for around $60 / $100  and carting them to and from jobsites on it.

In spring I plan on re-doing the inside of my Chevy Express extended and building racks to hold the tough boxes

using the brackets that they have on the cart.............  or making my own ?

Has anyone made up those brackets that support the boxes when they are on the Dewalt cart ??

I figured a big hinge and some grinding / welding and may be able to make something that works ?

Regarding the tough boxes..............  they look like a great purchase and an excellent replacement for my old busted & worn out old stuff.  Currently I have the 18v  recip, circular saws. Driver and 2 drills and the light.........  but I think

Santa will have some more black & yellow for me this year :-)

All I see is people using the Dewalt brackets on a homemade rack but not actually

making the brackets ?

I cant see paying Almost $100 for 3 sets of plastic brackets if they can be made from steel

for much less ?   

Nobody even tried making the support brackets from a long  T- Hinge  or similar ?

All I see is people using the Dewalt brackets on a homemade rack but not actually

making the brackets ?

I cant see paying Almost $100 for 3 sets of plastic brackets if they can be made from steel

for much less ?   

Nobody even tried making the support brackets from a long  T- Hinge  or similar ?

The brackets have a 'unique' shape to the arms, which works in conjunction with the 'handles' on the side of the boxes… I use the word 'handles' in quotes, as these are really not strong enough to be used as lifting handles when the biggest of the boxes are loaded up, but are mainly used for securing onto the arms (Either on the trolley system or in a Van rack)..

With my limited ability in metal fabrication, I went down the route of purchasing the arms from Dewalt. Might be a little expensive from the outset, but taking into account the 'time and motion' of trialling and maching a 'copy' it is a cheaper option for me.

All in all, I have 12 sets of arms in my Van set up, and although people look at it as an expensive route to organising a van, to me it has paid for itself in a) more productivity through better organisation, and B) customer recommendations based on the attention to detail from my truck..

In the UK we pay about £12 per pair (plus vat tax @ 20%)…

The real beauty about these arms is that the boxes can be removed and the arms folded flat to re-gain the width in the van for those occasions when you need to get bigger loads..

This is the link to my set-up.. http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,1307.0.html