20v max dcd985 question

Holyjoe

I just bought this drill and am learning how to use it. On speed 2 and 3 when you release the trigger it makes kind of a clacking sound and the chuck loosens on bit.  I took the first one I bought back but the second one does it as well.  Is that some kind of a feature? Not sure why it would be.  Anyone know about this?

I have the same drill an I believe it's just the braking feature that stops the motor when you release the trigger.  I've noticed it really bad when I would have something heavy attached like a paint or mortar mixer.  I don't believe it's anything to worry about though.

You're right about the brake, but be careful about the heavy attachments like paint and mortar mixers.  Cordless drills aren't actually meant to do this type of application (I know, we all don't though), so when I do this, I slowly release the trigger so that the paddle mixer slows down significantly before engaging the brake.