New DEWALT® Multi-Tools Tout Compact Hi-Vis Design with Ergonomic Grips

kanxrus

New DEWALT® Multi-Tools Tout Compact Hi-Vis Design with Ergonomic Grips

NEW YORK CITY, NY – August 22, 2013 – DEWALT® announced today the introduction of two new multi-tools – models DWHT71842 and DWHT71843 - essential for jobsite pros and tradesmen that require a variety of tools in one easy-to-access design. Director of Product Management Tom Chang said, “Our new multi-tools are ideal for professionals and even avid outdoorsmen who need to have an assortment of tools less than an arm’s length away at all times.†These DEWALT® multi-tools are compact enough to keep in a pocket or on a tool belt and constructed with a yellow body for visibility. The new range of multi-tools includes commonly used tools including screwdrivers, scissors, pliers, wire strippers and more.

The DEWALT® 8-in-1 keychain multi-tool – model DWHT71842 – is compact and easy to open. The soft tough grips offer comfort and ergonomic handling. The tools included in the DWHT71842 are a bottle opener, knife blade, medium screwdriver, scissors, file, nail cleaner, nail file and a key ring hole. It is currently available in home centers and in the independent channel and retails for approximately $14.99.

DWHT71842.jpg

The DEWALT® 16-in-1 multi-tool – model DWHT71843 – was designed for easy opening and easy tool access. Soft tough grips provide comfortable use when the tool is open. The tools included in the DWHT71843 are spring loaded needle nose and regular pliers, a spring loaded wire cutter, a regular and serrated knife blade, scissors, a wood/metal file, a wire stripper, a Phillips screwdriver, small, medium and large screwdrivers, a fold out carabiner, ruler, bottle opener and a can opener. It is currently available in home centers and in the independent channel and retails for approximately $24.99.

DWHT71843.jpg

Summary:

DEWALT® launched two new multi-tools engineered to withstand the extreme use. Each model features a DEWALT® yellow body for high visibility and ergonomic soft touch grips for comfort. The 8-in-1 keychain – model DWHT71842 – and the 16-in-1 multi-tool – model DWHT71843 – are currently available at home centers and in the independent channel and will retail for approximately $14.99 and $24.99.

About DEWALT:

DEWALT® is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more, as well as hand tools and pneumatic tools. DEWALT® tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT® has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT® on Facebook and Twitter.

• 11 months later...

The pliers looked pretty bulky but I base that only on my viewing the blister pack with the multi tool inside. Plus I love Leatherman. Additionally I have a SOG assisted opening multitool that I modified and really like as well as a Gerber. All of those are American made too :)

• 3 weeks later...

Home Depot had them last year for Christmas, wait until January and you will be able to get them for half price. I doubt Lowe's will have them. Locally, Home Depots have a selection of some DeWalt power tools and some of the hand tools (no mechanics tools) and Lowes has a bigger selection (in my opinion) of power tools and accessories, but no hand tools. 

It might make a good stocking stuffer, the plus side is you will notice it if you lay it down. I don't usually carry a multitool, but when I did I preferred the SOGs over both Gerber and Leatherman. I like the gear action over the sliding handle/jaws.