DEWALT® Launches New 20V MAX* XR Lithium Ion Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit

kanxrus

DEWALT® Launches New 20V MAX* XR Lithium Ion Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit Powered by a DEWALT Brushless Motor

DCS355D1_1.jpg

TOWSON, Md. – October 1, 2013 – DEWALT® expands its new line of EXTREME RUNTIME (XR) tools with the launch of its new 20V MAX* XR lithium ion oscillating multi-tool kit (DCS355D1). The DCS355D1 is powered by a DEWALT brushless motor that delivers up to 57% more run time than standard brushed motors and delivers 0-20,000 opm (oscillations/min). The QUICK-CHANGE™ Accessory System allows the user to change blades and attachments quickly without a wrench. DEWALT’s DUAL-GRIPTM variable-speed trigger gives the user precise control of the tool when performing a variety of cutting and material removal applications. The tool also features an LED light with 20-second delay that illuminates dark work surfaces for visibility.

“Users of oscillating tools can finally cut the cord because DEWALT has developed a cordless oscillating multi-tool that allows users to complete the same job applications as the corded version,†says Sean Templeton, Product Manager, DEWALT.

DCS355D1_2.jpg

The DEWALT Oscillating Tool Guide System allows users to set the depth of cut or height for accurate repeatability when making a series of cuts and the light weight and size (3.22lbs—with battery, 12.20†long) of the multi-tool make it ideal for trim carpenters, cabinet, flooring and service installers or any other professional contractor looking to make precise cuts in wood, metal, plastic or drywall, perform detail sanding operations, or remove materials such as grout or adhesive.

The DCS355D1 kit will come with the DCS355 bare tool, DCB203 20V MAX* XR compact lithium ion battery, fast charger, and 29-piece DEWALT accessory set with popular cutting and sanding attachments. The kit will retail for $199.00 and the bare tool for $129.  In each instance, the tool comes standard with a three-year limited warranty, one-year free service contract, and 90-day money back guarantee, and will be available in November wherever

DEWALT products are sold.

DEWALT 29-Piece Accessory Set includes:

(1) Bi-metal plunge cut blade

(1) Fast-cut wood blade

(1) Sanding pad

(25) sheets of sand paper

(1) Universal accessory adaptor

DCS355D1_3.jpg

*Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.

About DEWALT

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools, hand tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screwdriving accessories and more.

DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.

QUESTION> Do Fein and Bosch ect. blades fit this or am i limited to Dewalt only?

by looking at just pictures it looks like you could use tin snips (cut the slot) and a hammer (straighten the cut) on some other blades brands to make it work.

Universal-Fit-Arbor.jpg

Dewalt-DCS355D1-Cordless-Brushless-Multi-Tool-Kit.jpg

Not that you will be swayed by what some guy on the internet (me) that you don't know says, but you will definitely want to try the fine blades vs. the DeWALT before you go through the effort of making a vein blade fit. The DeWALTs are AT LEAST as good as the Fein, and honestly are likely better, and a significantly lower cost. So while you may be able to make a fine blade work, I would ask why you would want to.  

Just my two cents.

This may sound ridiculous, but I wish DeWalt would come out with a 12v Max version of this.  I have most of their 12v Max tools, and they do everything I need.  I'm not a contractor, just someone who likes to work on a few things.  Being retired, when a couple of batteries need charging, it's time for a break!

This one looks awesome, but I have no 20v Max tools, and would not likely purchase any since the 12 volt line works so well for me.

• Like 1

Not that this is a real solution to it not being in 12v MAX, but the charger that comes with the 20v tools will also charge the 12v, which helps a bit.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a 12v version though.

Enjoy retirement!  I'm looking forward (pretty far down the road) to my days of tinkering and hobbies that I can't fit into my work schedule now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, thinking about selling my dewalt my 18v jigsaw and buying the DeWALT DCS355 20v Max XR Brushless Oscillating Multi-Tool kit. I dont use my jigsaw much might use it twice on small projects since I bought it 2 years ago. Going to do a remodeling for my living room with pergo wood laminate flooring. I think it would be handy. But what do you guys think should I sell my 18v jigsaw to use the money to get the new 20v Oscillating Multi-tool. Can I use it as a jigsaw? Give me some thought. Thanks.

I'd say you still need a jigsaw for laminate flooring. I use both a jigsaw for making intricate cuts on the flooring and use the multi tool to cut the door jambs and trim. When going through doorways you need special cuts to make and sometimes neither a multi tool or table saw can make so you will definitely need a jigsaw. Maybe go cordless on the multi tool and buy a Cheap corded jigsaw for the small times you need it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advices Jav, that just make my decision. Lol... I was thinking the same. I already have a simple little B&D corded jig saw. And my 18V deawalt only sitting in the case for pretty. I'm ready to sell all my dewalt 18v line and move to all 20V since I already have 11 20v batteries;) I down to the 1 jigsaw, 1 grinder, a shop vac and a radio, 2 brand new restored xrp batteries are 18v. I can sell them all to use the money for to buy the oscillating Multi-Tool kit and another circular saw since mine has been missing for over a month. Then I will be set for now from the 20v line. Hey, have you hear anything if dewalt making a brushless circular saw or new model anytime soon? Or I should get the DCS373B Metal Cutting Circular Saw if my missing circular saw decide to pop out someday;) Do you think I can just change a wood blade on it and use it as a regular Ciruclar saw? I think the dcs373 is much more bad ass with led light and all. Just have hear anybody use it to cut wood or pvc. Maybe the rpm is to high or complete different thing?

Not sure if dewalt is coming out with those, I also don't have a clue about metal cutting saws. My personal opinion is that all the brands will have everything brushless in the years to come. It doesn't take a genius to realize that so I would expect dewalt to have one out. The problem would be waiting as you never know if it might be announced soon or a few years

• Like 1

OIC. Thanks, I guess I wouldnt bother looking in too much about that metal cutting saw. Hopefully dewalt will have a brushless circular saw coming out soon. Just got my dcs 355 kit yesterday from the mail. Never own or use a multi tool before. I was excited to try it out. Used it to cut some laminated wood flooring to cut a couple small gappings to fit them in nicely. I was impressed how nice is the handling and easy to cut out the little piece on the floor with no problem. The dcs355 is awesome. I'm loving it. Going to put a good use for it from now on. I might do a small review for it with the comparison on the batteries later on. I dont think it would matter with the 2.0 or 4.0 pack for tool. Since the 2.0pack should be more then enough power for it. But we shall see;)