DCF895M2 - Awesome deal!!

atxphotoguy

Howdy, everyone!

Brand new member here, thought I have been lurking for some time now.

Just thought I would pass along the steal of a deal I got on the DCF895M2 kit.....

Through 10/31/13, this item is on sale on lowes.com for $233!!! You have to put the item in your "shopping cart" to view the price, but that's the deal!

I'm not 100% convinced that this isn't an error on the part of Lowe's, but I did successfully order one.

***Edit: It dawned on me that not everyone might want to take the time to look up the model number to see what this is....

This is the brushless 20V MAX premium impact driver with the 3-speed selector and push-button chuck release.

It comes with two of the new XR 4.0 amp batteries, charger, and hard carry case.

Trying to determine if I should the trigger on this before sale is over, even though I don't really need at the moment, but a good deal is a good deal.  However,  I see the DCF886M2 kit sells for $249 all day long, $17 more. 

I know the DCF895 is the premium model but the DCR886 has the same max torque, but lacks 3 speed and the snub-nose push button release.  Seems like the snub-nose push button is user preference more than anything.  So, I guess the question is, how useful is the 3 speed transmission?

The dcf895 isn't actually a 3-speed transmission.  It just tones down the power and rpm of the tool electronically.  So the first speed is equivalent to you only pushing the trigger about half way on the third speed.  So if you have an application where your constantly twisting off heads or stripping them out, three speeds may be a good idea.  Other than that this is a great deal. I bought three, kept one impact and all 6 batteries and sold the other 2 impacts as bare tool for $135, basically got 2 4.0 batteries and a charger for $100.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584