Porter cable multi tool blades on a Dewalt multi tool

jevink

I would have to argue that as a No……

I am in the UK, and although you can fit any blade, from any manufacturer onto the bottom of the Dewalt via the 'secondary' blade attachment system, on the 'primary' quick release blade change I am positive that it's only the Dewalt blades that fit..

I am not sure why the US and the UK variants might be different, so I would double check that..

• 1 month later...

So I live in Kelowna, BC.  Back in October I ordered my DW315K out of Vancouver.  It is a tool that is very versatile and I have used it often.  But I need blades!

It was only just recently that a local place started stocking the DW315K but no replacement blades - Summit Tools.  Rona, Home Hardware, Home Depot, and KMS Tools still no dice.

Right now I am in Calgary to visit family and friends.  I stopped by a couple Home Depots, Lowes, KMS Tools and none of them carry the tool and obviously not the blades.  WTF?  Lowes does carry the Porter Cable tool and blades though.

Heading to Edmonton in a couple days for one week.  I have a feeling I will be out of luck there too unless someone knows something I don't.

So I am here in Edmonton.  No luck on Dewalt blades here either.  I find it odd that the big box stores and specialty tool stores in 2 major Canadian cities (Calgary and Edmonton) do not stock the Dewalt multi-tools and replacement blades.

I did see the Porter-Cable blades at Lowe's however.  So the holes in the blades for the "teeth" are round for Porter-Cable and rectangular for the Dewalt.  This is probably why GATORB made his claim.  I for one will not buy a pack of Porter-Cable blades just to verify his claim.

I guess I will have to procure them online somewhere.