Hello! New to the forum, to Dewalt and DIYing in general

tastic

Hello all! My wife and I will be buying a house in the spring and we've spent most of our black friday buying on things in preparation for projects in the new house like tools and accessories. Our tools are mostly cheap hand me downs but we've just pulled the trigger on a Dewalt drill/driver (DCD790D2) and impact driver (DCF895D2) from the 20V brushless line. I'm looking forward to using some quality tools for once and learning what I can here on the forum.

In the future I will be looking to add some more 20V tools, specifically a circular saw and/or multi-tool. I might look into an impact wrench if I feel I need more than the 125 ft lbs the driver gives.

Cheers and happy thanksgiving!

-tastic

Welcome to the forum. You can never have enough tools when your a home owner because there's always something to do around the home. I've always said rather than pay someone else to do the work for me, I'll use that money to buy the tools I need to do the job myself and then I have them for future jobs that come up. I get a lot of satisfaction doing the work myself. They basically pay for themselves the first time you use them. DeWalt came out with the 20V Max the year after I bought my 18V Drill Driver and Impact Driver. I'm not real upset about it because the amount of work I accomplished and time I saved with those tools during that year more than paid for themselves. I've been thinking about picking up those same Brushless tools you just bought just because they are so kool. I picked up the new DeWalt DWS780 miter saw this year and recently had a chance to use it for the first time on a small project and I can't say enough good things about it. Best saw I ever used. I have big plans for that saw. DeWalt really has some nice new tools lately, look out.

welcome, for my money, i would only buy a battery operated circular saw if you are away from power, ie not very often on most jobs in the home. they are ok at a pinch say of you are working on a roof, but the benefits and power of a mains powered circ saw far far outweigh those of the battery version in 95% of scenarios.

if i were you, i would be considering the reciprocator saw and a pack of decent spare blades, THATS a tool you will get a lot of value from around the house when doing DIY work.

good luck

well that depends on what kind of work you will be doing, if you are going to be cutting down large sheets of ply or flooring the circ saw is the tool to have, if you are ripping out stud walls or maybe doing a loft conversion theres nothing like a recip saw to cut 4x 2's quick time. i wouldnt be without either but if you are on a budget get the circular saw and a decent hand saw. either way try and get a boxed version, i hate tools in bags thrown in the back of vans.

Got a chance to use the impact driver for the first time. Love the 3 speed/torque settings. The first setting maxing out at 42 ft lbs was perfect for tightening the end links on the rear sway bar and the second setting maxing out at 75 ft lbs was perfect for tightening wheel lugs without worry about overtorque. I never trust full on impact wrenches that garages use to do lugs and always insist on torque by hand so this is perfect for these jobs. I double checked with a manual torque wrench and they are accurate. Hooray for dewalt! :)

You might find some second hand cheap ones on craigslist...You have to be careful though because some people just want to scam you...

The way I see it is that you still advertise the tool brand...does not matter how you squired it (with in law of course). My dewalt 12v max light, drills, utility knife basically live on my torso at work...40hrs a week I have one of those around my torso advertising the brand...of course, I do it because I like the brand and not just to advertise it.

Good luck on the tools...don't be afraid to ask questions here regarding house problems (in the appropriate section). I work as a handyman and know my way around a few things around the house. I can try to answer your queries if I catch them.

I'm actually in the process of buying a house myself...been fixing them and maintaining them...might as well go ahead and do it for me.