Hard Case for the New 20V Brushless Hammer Drill

ToolHound

I just got the DCK296M2 kit and it comes with a bag.  I would really like to get a hard case for the DCD995 hammer drill  but I can't find if there is one that is made to fit this drill or what the part number would be.  Does anyone know and could direct me to it?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the input, that helps my search.

I don't know what the prevailing feeling is about the bags that the kits come in but my personal opinion is I don't like them.  They turn into junk collectors, don't stack well, and make it difficult to notice when something is missing.  Also, more than once I've been carrying the bag and heard a faint whine of one of the tools inside running because the trigger is being pressed.  I know there is a trigger lock switch, but really, do you always remember to use it?  I don't.  Anyway, just my two cents worth.  Still like the tools and will continue to look for the boxes.

Tom

• 5 months later...

I just bought the Dewalt DCD995M2 hammerdrill, and yes, it came in the horrible soft bag. So, i thought I'd share the URL for the, as Dewalt calls it, the Kitbox. It is currently (June 5, 2014) $23.63 plus $10.99 shipping from here: http://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail?productNumber=DCD995M2

You'll see the parts list. You need to scroll down to the bottom where you'll see part number N200697

So, it is a bit pricey. Almost $35 for a hard case that the tool should have come in to begin with!

I'm contimplating buying Dewalt's DWST08201 Small Case, which is part of their ToughSystem of hard cases. I can get a product called Kaizen foam from:

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewprd.asp?idproduct=13435

which is a peel away foam in layers that allows you to custom fit the foam to your tools. Of course, all this keeps adding more money to the job of securing your tool.

• 2 months later...

It seems to me that Dewalt is really missing the boat here. By making available inserts to fit in Toughsystem cases to house their drills, drivers, jigsaws Ect, they have a new product line and increase Toughsystem sales. That way, they make hard cases available to those who want them without increasing tool prices to those who don't.

post-45565-0-91454000-1409240745_thumb.j

Thanks for the input, that helps my search.

I don't know what the prevailing feeling is about the bags that the kits come in but my personal opinion is I don't like them.  They turn into junk collectors, don't stack well, and make it difficult to notice when something is missing.  Also, more than once I've been carrying the bag and heard a faint whine of one of the tools inside running because the trigger is being pressed.  I know there is a trigger lock switch, but really, do you always remember to use it?  I don't.  Anyway, just my two cents worth.  Still like the tools and will continue to look for the boxes.

Tom

Take the battery off

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I don't store any of my tools with a battery when in the bag one incase this happens it can drain and possible damage your battery and two I try to store the batter without a possible drain plugged into it

Regarding Cases I am liking Milwaukee blow molded cases and a little disappointed on my Dewalt cases when applicable.

You can buy this box and foam for your kit

DeWalt Tough box DS150

DeWalt DWST7-97150 Tough System Foam Inlay

We can get the Box but no Foam Inlay the only inlay we can get here in the states is for the TSTAK. When I tried to Google it it is all UK. I live 2 miles from the DeWalt Head Quarters in Towson Maryland and run into the R&D guys all the time and I can not get and answer of why they release 99% of the new stuff over seas.