12v max oscillating tool?

carpenter

Does anyone know whether Dewalt plans on producing a 12v max oscillating tool?  I like the design of the 20v but for most of my jobs a smaller 12v version would be perfect.  It also seems like the battery on the 20v model sticks down too far.  For instance, if you are trying to cut a door jamb level with an existing floor, it looks like the battery would prevent you from being able to have the blade perfectly flat against the floor?

Hey, thanks for the input.  I think I would still rather have a 12v version but it's good to know that the 20v will work for flush level cutting(the pictures I've seen make it look like it wouldn't).  I have been using milwaukee's 12v oscillating tool for over a year now and I really like the weight for small jobs, especially working on windows off an extension ladder.  This little Milwaukee tool has been pretty decent, but I think being able to control the tool speed with the trigger would be nice, so I'll hold out for a while longer in hopes that dewalt produces a 12v max version.  I totally understand why someone without an oscillating tool would rather have a 20v one but I have a Fein corded tool for the big stuff, so I really just want a small cordless tool for the small jobs when going cordless makes more sense.  A 12v max version of this tool with slightly higher capacity 2.0AH batteries would be perfect.

It seems to be at the moment Dewalt isn't concentrating on their 12v line at the moment so seeing a occilatiing too show up might not happen anytime soon. I can say you never know but if you go to some of the tool blogs you are not hearing much chatter about Dewalt 12v tools. Milwaukee might be releasing a new occilating tool down the road this year the M12 multitool is pretty old at this point and I would expect to see a fuel version from Milwaukee soon with a tool less blade change.