Craftsman battery

super55

You can do that if your charger is a dual chemistry charger. If you posted the model number of the charger I could look it up too make sure. You can charge nicad and lithium ion batteries on a dual chemistry charger a nicad charger can only charge nicad batteries.

How invested are you in the craftsman tool lineup? For the amount of money your going to spend on a new charger and battery you could upgrade to a more professional grade tool. The charger is 44 dollars or 69 dollars for a lithium charger start up kit with a charger and battery. Add in a 4.0ah xcp pact at 89 bucks your spending a lot of money. You at 160 bucks for a charger and battery I don't know if that's worth it maybe some of the other TIA'ers can find better pricing for you it might be worth it to check Craigslist or Ebay for a cheap Multi Chemistry charger. Whats your opinion for this guy?

I'd scope out deals for Ridgid or Porter Cable before I'd drop any more money in the Craftsman line.

Understand though that I tell everyone with Craftsman or B&D that.

Craftsman power tools are just disappointing anymore. They had very nice electric tools, but the never really made a serious play in the cordless market IMO. They are essentially Ryobi with a markup. There are superior tools out there for the money.

• Like 1

Yea when I was looking up the charger he had I was shocked at how much Sears was charging for their tools compared to Ryobi. It's pretty significant. The other thing is your more likely to be near a Home Depot store than a Sears store now too.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they ever offered oem NiMh packs with the C3 lineup of tools. Sears went from Nicad to Lithium. He could go Nimh if he paid the money to have the battery packs rebuilt but that has its own issues of expense and you have no warranty after spending the money.

I don't think they ever offered oem NiMh packs with the C3 lineup of tools. Sears went from Nicad to Lithium. He could go Nimh if he paid the money to have the battery packs rebuilt but that has its own issues of expense and you have no warranty after spending the money.

.......and he's investing money to still be 5 years behind the curve.

• Like 1

I think Makita was the only company that really made any significant numbers of NiMh battery packs. The other brands might have made some, but very few and not marketed at all really. Dewalt didn't really market lithium packs till the 20v tools they had them for the 18v xrp stuff but it wasn't marketed or stocked in most local stores and they were mighty spendy price wise.

What was the lawsuit about? I remember you mentioning that around when I first joined the forum. I'm curious what component got them in trouble in the pack. The cells are not theirs the only thing I can think of is the electronics.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have recently acquired a 14.4v right angle craftsman from a friend who lost the charger.  I have several craftsman drills that are 19.2.  I'm trying to find out if my charger will work with this battery.  Here are the specs:

Charger:  315.CH2021

Battery:   1325101  Nickel Cadmium

Is there a link or a place to find this information?   

Any help would be appreciated.  TIA.