New To Tools & Would Like Some Help

idontknow312

Hello i found this site extremely helpful with all the info i need. I recently visited my local Home Depot store i found this Milwaukee 28v Kit that i really like. I have read the forum where Milwaukee was recently bought out from another company that makes other products that doesn't seem to be heavy duty. I was wondering would their product still be reliable? I am just a student still in high school so i was wondering if anyone on this forum has purchase the Milwaukee 28v kit and would like to share with me their info on how it performed. I would be delighted if you males/females can share with me your info on other tools also.

Hello.

I still buy Milwaukee tools even though I would personally rather buy American tools. From what I have hear and read is that they are going to keep the lines seprate. My only question is that now it is a China company, who really watches over these companies. Is this just going to end up another Porter Cable story back in the 60's. I guess for now I still buy Milwaukee, but I also look a little bit closer at Dewalt tools.

I think for now it is still ok to buy these tools becuase the buyout was about a year ago. It takes time to get stuff set up where they can interchange the parts and make it cheap. As b19 said, I would keep my eye open because I am not sure who watches over these guys in China,

Well i guess you are right. What i do know is that different parts of the tool is made in different plants. E.g. the handle could be made in china but the motor could be made in motor etc. All i know is that i would still go for the Milwaukee 28v kit.

FYI Do you think it is over price? My local HD is selling the Milwaukee 28v kit for $699.99.

I would go with the Milwaukee. Still a good company for now. Who knows down the road.

I think $699 is a little high. You can get them online for about $600 or $625 with free shipping. Again though if you have a problem it is harder trying to get stuff done online, where you can walk into HD and return the item.

They are nice kits and have a friend who has one. I really like them, but I bet they come down in price within a year. More companies are starting to follow Milwaukee and more competition will bring the price down.

I think Milwaukee is still good as of now, but who knows. I am going to buy the Milwaukee corded drill next week.

I know my HD is selling their V28 for $719. I am going to wait a little bit and hope they come down in price a little.

Well i have made up my decision. I will not buy this tool kit not because it is bought out or has involvement to techtronics. I am not buying this tool kit because 1 I don't have to much experience with tools yet ( still in highschool learning )2 I still need some cash for it 3 i will probably wait till this semester is over and buy it next year when i have more construction classes.

If i had more experience with tools or had enough money to buy this kit i would. Otherwise i would love to buy this tool kit none less but i never know.

Thank you for all your help ladies/gentlemen i appreciate it.

I think that is a good choice esp because you will not be using it everyday. I am waiting to buy the v28 also and I use tools everyday. I am going to stick with my old tools. They still work, but I would rather wait for the price to come down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I think Milwaukee is still good as of now, but who knows. I am going to buy the Milwaukee corded drill next week.

I know my HD is selling their V28 for $719. I am going to wait a little bit and hope they come down in price a little.

Hey usa did you visit your HD this last few days? If so did you see the price of your MIlwaukee price went sky high? My HD was selling them for just under $700 not they are selling them for $849.00!

Hey usa did you visit your HD this last few days? If so did you see the price of your MIlwaukee price went sky high? My HD was selling them for just under $700 not they are selling them for $849.00!

Wow that is amazing. I wounder why the price is so high. I will have to swing by my local HD and see what price they are selling them for.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that is amazing. I wounder why the price is so high. I will have to swing by my local HD and see what price they are selling them for.

The worst part is now my local home depot store doesnt carry them anymore because they said that it was only for a "Promotion for Milwaukee".