M18™ Cordless LITHIUM-ION 6 ½" Circular Saw

brokenhill

Are you talking about the Fuel or non Fuel M18? I had the non Fuel M18 and it was a decent cordless saw. I did like my Makita one better but....I will be getting the Fuel version which is supposed to be much better. I will say I've cut 2x, 3/4 plywood and even cement board with no issues. The ergonomics on my Makita LXT were better for me but I am not a. Makita guy.

• Like 2

I have it and its great. I got this and got rid of my corded circular saw and never regretted it. The runtime is great on 4.0 batteries. I used it while finishing a shed and one battery lasted me all day making cuts on siding and 2x4's. It wasn't heavy work but I expected to atleast swap batteries once but didn't need to the several days I used the saw.

Ofcourse I would prefer the fuel version but this is good enough for my uses

• Like 1

I will say the M18 saw is a good saw, I want the Fuel for the power however. I think the saw is good and I love Milwaukee and it did me quite,good for the projects I put it through, but (and God forgive me for this) I liked my Makita LXT and it had comparable power and the grip was better for my hand placement. So that being said, I wasn't blown away with it. I was blown away with my hammer drill, impact driver (both non Fuel and Fuel) and ALL of my M12 tools. I hope this helps but....if you can wait, I'd get the Fuel and icksnay on the non Fuel version unless you aren't planning on heavy usage. If you are using it for light work, occasional to regular DIY and don't need to blast through the thick stuff then you'll be just fine. Like I said, 2x, 3/4 ply, cement board no problems. Battery gets sucked up quick but the Makita was the same way. And I'd take Milwaukee tools over Makita six days a week and twice on Sunday!

I have had the fuel for about 3 months and love it. It has a ton of power- I have ripped 50mm hardwood no worries apart from the battery drain. Only thing that takes some getting used to is the blade being on the left hand side.

It must be good as I haven't used my corded 210mm saw since I have had it.

Fuel one in the works, I will believe it when I see it.  I have the fuel saw and the non-fuel saw at a another place we own and they are both fine but the Fuel one is better in all respects.  I will have to saw that I have also had the Makita one for 8 years now as well and its my go to most of the time because of what others have said, it fits your hand the best. 

Now only if I needed yet another cordless circ saw I could justify the new x2 version from Makita.