New Dewalt Clamps

DR99

Does anyone know why HD stopped selling the Iwins? I have the Irwin clamps and they work really well. But, I like the easy button on the Dewalt clamps to switch to spreader mode over the screw with spring that the Irwin has.

I did see HD pre black friday sale had a 4 pack of the Dewalt clamps for $35. Not sure how much of a sale that actually is compared to the normal price.

HD changed their supplier. from Irwin to bessey and they also stocked up more DeWalt clamps

I bought the Irwin clamps when HD got rid of them - spend like 200 bucks on clamps but it was well worth it.

the 4pack DW clamps are normal price - wait until black Friday and you might get them cheaper man

They look good, and they are expensive too. Don't know if they are better or worse then Irwin

I honestly feel they are better. Very easily switch from clamp to spreader. Seems like they are more heavy duty and more clamping power.

I just used two this AM as spreaders to set a range hood. Very nice and smooth for precision movements to get the hood nice and level.

I was in Home Depot today and they have a set of four DeWalt clamps on their "black Friday" sale for 34 bucks. They looked pretty nice. They say you can't have too many clamps but you can have too many of the same size I think and I really don't need anymore 12 inch. But they do look good.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Used two of the micro clamps recently on kick plates and they worked great! They are the perfect size for fitting in between the door and the jamb. Not sure if they are better or worse than Irwin, but they worked for what I needed them for. I would recommend buying the small ones for anyone that might be doing trim or similar applications.

FB82

I have 2 packs of the 6piece dewalt trigger clamps and I really like those. ( I bought one kit myself and the other one I got for x-mas from my wife)

Too bad Bosch doesn't make clamps, huh?