Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4" Circular Saw

regopit

Few pics of the uk machine, used it mostly all day today, its great although run time is a bit shorter than i expected. However this is my first cordless saw so i have nothing to compare it to. Its true tho as powerful as a corded model for most tasks!

I used approx 2 full batts, i used the machine to cut a fair amount of osb and 6x2, saved me getting the mitre saw out and it was great to be able to move the saw to different locations without worrying about the cord.

• Like 2

I really like that kit box its way better than the tool bags we get here. The other thing is the vacuum adapter they just don't seem to offer dust collection on tools marketed in the USA. I guess the think sawdust mitigation isn't important to most trades people here.

That is a nice box with a nice lay out. I got the bear tool so you get the box it came in and the saw in a plastic bag and why they don't give you the dust extractor nozzle sucks. I  did send a email to Milwaukee asking why the overseas version had it and the one in the states didn't. If I get an answer I will post it

We also don't get the fence either I think in a kit or bare tool purchase. I hate how we get de-contented tools here. I bet the prices are better though so we have that I guess. You guys are getting all sorts of cool tools though like M18 miter saw and that driver with all the different attachments to it like a Festool.

well chaps this cost me 398 uk pounds for the kit when you translate that to dollars thats 640 bucks! the machine is much cheaper in the usa, i was gonna hold off as my folks are in florida every year but i really wanted the dust attachment and uk charger.

Regarding dust extraction, most of my work is internal so a vac attachment is a must for me, in the uk sites are also getting tougher and some demand vacs be used.

I love the saw, the case is ok not as nice quality as the dewalt but it will keep the tool safe. i would rather pay your prices and keep the tool in a black tloc systainer with red catch and still have some change...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With everything I have read the last few days about this saw it is going to kick the Makita 36V saw to the curb.

TOOL FIGHT!! TOOL FIGHT!! TOOL FIGHT!!!

TOOOOOOOLLLLLL FIGHHHTTTTT!!!!!

Guys I found a tool fight featuring both of them and the results are surprising.

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/saws-cordless/full-size-cordless-circular-saw-shootout/12465/

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having some rage right now :) I have some choice words for Milwaukee right now!!! I wonder if Makita and their full size circular saw made them decide to make this.

Hey Jason, still liking the saw? Milwaukee CPO is having 20% off but I'm still wondering 6-1/2 or 7-1/4

I don't have the 7.25" so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I do have the 2730 6.5". If I had my way, I would have the larger saw.

Despite being blade-right, it's more capable, blades are cheaper, and the weight difference is negligible. The redeeming factor for my 6.5 was it was free with my 2604-22 kit. Well, that, and it is still a great saw, the 2731 just seems better (2731 and 2530 would be my ideal combo).

• Like 1

Hey Jason, still liking the saw? Milwaukee CPO is having 20% off but I'm still wondering 6-1/2 or 7-1/4

makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita makita

haha, no i really dont care which brand you go but heres my piece...     you already have the big makita hypoid so why not go 6 1/2"    i have both the makita cordless 7 1/4 and 6 1/2 (the new BL makita 6 1/2" is sick.. ive only made a few easy cuts with it yesterday but very very impressed)      I will forever and always reach for my 6 1/2 cordless saw first unless i need more power or the extra cut capacity.. it is just nicer to use the smallest and lightest tool that will do the job.    about 99% of what i do can be done with the 6 1/2" especially the ones with the brushless motors..        if and when you need that extra power or a speciality blade they dont make for 6 1/2 then just bust out the corded saw.. 

• Like 1