Wow, This Video About Impact Drivers Really Brought out The Youtube Trolls

DR99

Good old Steve Ramsey has been on you tube for many years now 5 or six now and has taken a lot of crap from people over the years. The guy is so easy going it's unreal at times. He puts out a wood project just about every week post free plans for his projects auctions some of them off on ebay and donates the money to the Make a Wish Foundation and people still rag on him what assholes.

• Like 1

Steve is awesome. The problem is DR, people....and I hope your sitting down right now...well DR, people are dinks. People like to use forums like YouTube to openly smash others because they are arrogant dumb a$ses who have nothing better to do than slam a guy who is honestly a really awesome dude. This guys posts great videos, plans, raises charity money and is genuinely a nice guy. Our site here is a real gem. For the most part I've only had maybe one or two times in the last couple of years where members were acting like dubs. Our guys (and gals too....maybe?) are awesome. For the most part there is no slamming, members are respectful of all skill levels and easy to get help from. I truly want to do a couple of video reviews but have stuck to my written ones because of the blatant ignorance people continuously display from the safety of their home computer and anonymity. I get blasted at my job by people from behind my back enough. No need to get it online too.

• Like 1

I just couldn't believe how bad it was. I'm new to his channel and didn't see any issue with the guy at all. I was just so shocked when I scrolled through the comments about a comparison on drills verses impact drivers. It was like he declared war against the old fashioned drill and people were insulted on the tool and the band of tools he was using.

The TIA forums are pretty much self moderating. The only thing that is an issue is the foreign spammers that seem to hit the site occasionally now. I know the forum used to get slammed with spammers a few years ago. I have to agree a lot of people are a holes and anonymity on the internet really makes people grow cahones they wouldn't have in real life. I have to say we have build a pretty good community even though we have had a few tool brand issues :)

I seen the video. I agree with everything except with how the impacting function works. He made it seem like impacts hammer drill which they don't. He has an extremely large following and people will believe him because he's to be trusted.

I did see some retards bashing on ryobi which is stupid. They obviously don't know anything. Then you have the other extreme saying how ryobi is just as good as dewalt and it's stupid for people even going for pro brands lol. That reminds me of a job I did and this guy let me borrow his 18v drill Master drill, the $20 one I reviewed and he told me (he was very proud of his harbor freight tools) that they're just as good as dewalt as long as you don't drop them from a ladder, lol.

• Like 1

Hey if it's what your comfortable on spending and it works for you why not. I love my Milwaukee fuel tools but you do look at wow that's a lot of money tied up in power tools. Heck if I was a pro I would pick up a set of Ryobi tools as a backup, or if your working in a shady area where you have a concern your tools might get stolen. I know I wouldn't want to have a nice set of Dewalt tools if I wasn't working on a secured job site in Detroit any major city really. The funny thing is a brand like Festool, Fein, or Metabo would probably be left alone most thieves only want the big brands to flip cheap on Craigslist or a pawnshop. The thing you have to worry about is the other workers that know what tools you bring around.

Chris nailed it. People are just fucking assholes. People who are nobodies in life sit behind a keyboard and become philosophers, experts, and bad asses.

I hate to think like that but your dead on Travis. I was watching something on TV, and was amazed at how desensitized people are and how quick they like to quip at people from the safety of their living rooms. They're like those scumbags that like to snipe innocent people. They're like terrorists. So brave when you can't see them. Then so quick to call for help when you do.

Yup Steve be da bomb. Awesome and well made follow up with sincere surprise about how people got so ipset, Trust it to a bunch of dick heads to get worked up about an Impactor, here is an idea...,how's about getting worked up about Obama Don't Care....i mean Obama care....how's about getting worked up about Russia.... Steve is awesome.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us do have a little bit of engineer in us. And, as the old adage goes, anything can be improved upon if only given a little bit more time and another engineer. That accounts for how many of us do spot errors of omission, missing steps, an easier or better method, or something that makes what ever we've seen seem to miss the mark ever so slightly. But, and here is the important part, where would the whole scenario be without the initial attempts and original techniques?

Any of us might be able to improve on a method or technique. That's called progress.

But, in the process of making that progress, lets not forget to thank whoever came up with and presented the original idea we chose to improve on. 

Frankly, I thought the video was rather direct and very easy to understand.