New Makita 18v reciprocating saw please

NERemodeling

Is it just me or does everyone agree that Makita's full size 18v LXT reciprocating saw options are outdated, underpowered and otherwise useless!!

I have owned the bjr181 for probably 7 years and barely ever use it due to how slow it is and it's inability to make seemingly easy cuts. It spends 99% of the time in the bottom of the tool bag.. maybe once or twice a year I grab it hoping that it magicly grew some b@lls but I'm always disappointed and before I finish the cut it goes back to the trailer where I grab my corded model, a Makita AVT JR3070CT (which is a great saw by the way) .

I'm not sure if I just have a dud or if the bjr182 is much better but I'm really not willing to waste my money to find do out

MAKITA, I hope it's already in the works but if not, please, please come out with a new reciprocating saw! Wanna be king of the hill? Try combining your 18v X2 platform with your brushless motor!! It is such a necessary tool on the job site and with today's ability to have such capable cordless tools it is a huge frustration to have to plug in every time I want to use a recip saw!

P.S. why is there no way to email or submit a comment on your website? Do you not want to hear what your users have to say?!?!

John

I had the BJR181 and got rid of it. But truthfully I got rid of my Milwaukee M18 (non Fuel) because it really want doing the work I wanted it to plus no adjustable shoe. I'm looking at the Fuel version but don't really want to commit to anything right now.

The m18 fuel Sawzall looks sick in reviews and that is what I'm wanting making to come out with something similar to.

See I'm kind of married to makita 18v... just off the top of my head I have something like 18+ tools (including lights and radios) 13 batteries and 3 chargers. Not willing to jump to another 18v platform

I did go Milwaukee for my 12v and loving their stuff so far..

I never owned a cordless reciprocating saw. I always had the Milwaukee Super Sawzall because all of the cordless reciprocating saw seamed under powered at the time. Then I got the Fuel 18v Sawzall now my Super Sawzall lays in the box most of the time, not having that cord getting in the way is great and having the power of a corded saw is even better. If you do any amount of remodeling your reciprocating saw gets a work out

• 1 month later...

Brushless Reciprocating saw is confirmed to me by the european Makita Director :)

It's in the works. could be in a few months because Makita Belgium is selling out their Currect BJR181 reciprocating saw by giving free batteries extra with it.  Ussually always the sign that the next ' Makita Action Magazine' will have the new brushless model.

:)

Brushless Reciprocating saw is confirmed to me by the european Makita Director :)

It's in the works. could be in a few months because Makita Belgium is selling out their Currect BJR181 reciprocating saw by giving free batteries extra with it.  Ussually always the sign that the next ' Makita Action Magazine' will have the new brushless model.

:)

NICE!! It's strange how excited I am about this

thanks for the heads up!

Alright kornomaniac, you got any more dirt for me?? Can you twist some arms?? :)

Brushless?

18v x2?

Avt tech?

badass crazy amounts of power!?!?

Hoping all the normal goodies like rafter hook, led and adjustable shoe are a given..

also judging by all their new tools I imagine it will have a battery fuel gauge.

Gimme something... anything! I'm dying over here. Lol

Hahah unfortunatly  I dont know anymore yet =)  Hard enough to communicate with those japanese people :D

When we were checking our makita collection  in the store  I told them wich tools arent received well by the customers and when i said the 18V recipro was underpowered he immediatly told me a brushless one is in the making.  All i know =)

But seeing how well the latest Brushless offerings by makita perform ( DHP481 Hammer drill,  DJV181 Jigsaw, DGA504 Angle grinder, DTD148 Impact  and the upcoming DHS680  Circ saw ) i'm pretty confident it'll be a beast.  =)

Makita seems to have woken up !

• Like 1

I'll have to just take a few deep breaths and be patient! It's good to at least know it's in the works

They really seem to have woken up big time, it's exciting... some of their stuff was getting a little stale but with all these new releases of great tools they are obviously looking to take back the crown!!

I know Milwaukee has been king of the hill for a while now but Makita has always been very innovative and has a great team of engineers... they may have been quiet for a little while but they were obviously just assembling their new army and are about to storm the hill!  Watch out Milwaukee   Makita's Back!!!

It was about time they woke up :)   Being the first to bring Brushless tools to the market ( impact drivers in 2009 ) they have let milwaukee take the crown. Ah well competition is good for the innovation as we can see :)

I guess we can be lucky that in Belgium Milwaukee is pretty much non existant.  Makita has been market leader here for cordless tools since 2005 when they brought out 18V lithium  and we're spoiled in Belgium by always getting new stuff from Makita quite quick :)

• 5 months later...

The newest model Recip Saw is the XRJ03Z, and the BL1850 5.0Ah batteries really help. The Brushless Recip saw is not yet available. I have seen a prototype already, but we have not been told of a release date.

I'm 99% sure that you cannot use the new BL1850 batteries on that older model saw and so that limits the runtime as well.

If you want to trade in the BJR181 that you have for a new XRJ03Z, then I can offer you half price on the new model. Please keep in mind that the XRJ03Z does not have the LED light.

Edits: Typos.

• Like 1

Jess, Thats a great offer, Thank you    I'm sure the XRJ03 is a much better saw than mine but i'm so dead set on waiting for the new BL one that i might have to pass..  I've been holding strong for like 7 or 8 years!!  whats a few more months.

I'm sure my BJR181 was a dud or something because it really has nothing to do with run time, it's just wayyy under powered.. i've checked the brushes and they are fine. 

you've got me pretty excited about the new BL model being close to release.. can you spill any beans about it?    pictures??

i know you haven't been told a release date yet but could you guess or at least be sure to post or email me as soon as you find out more