Milwaukee M12 Oscillating Multitool Review

Javier

I can't say I'm the most enthusiastic about Milwaukee's multitool offerings. The M12 model is brushed and requires a tool to change the blade. Other than that it works really good, but its missing competitive features others brands have now. The M18 model has a tool less change system but it wasn't given the Fuel brushless motor treatment. This is one area where Milwaukee needs to step up and kick some ass! I think they just can't be bothered because if your bought into the M12 of M18 platform your going to buy it because its the most economical option. All tool brands to that to some extent offer tools that are not the best just because your not going to go off and buy another battery platform because of the cost and hassle. The only way some one would do that is if they really need the best tool for the job, and it worth the extra cost to them. Great review Mr. ToolCrazy.

I heard good things about the m18 multitool, its supposed to be on par in performance with the other cordless 18/20 volt competition but yeah it would have been great if it was brushless, atleast they did it right with the tool less blade change. Thats the reason I haven't gotten it yet, would be upset after the fuel comes out. Not hard waiting since I got this m12 one. Thanks DR99

I have had this tool for a couple of years now and really like it. The battery life is good, love the fuel gauge and it's comfortable enough to use. I will say....brushless, and LED light, a molded grip and a tooless change would make me love it. It doesn't have them so......mew. As far as battery life goes, I only use my 3.0ah battery so it hasn't been a problem. I use Rockwell blades and most notably I have been using it as polisher. Nice review Javier.

Honestly Javier, as a beginner woodworker and a DIY type, I'm staying M12. I will say...,believe it or not....I scored a great deal on a new DCF885 impactor with a 4.0 battery so that'll be my foray into the 18v lineup. My Festool drill driver and impactor are 15v (14.4) and have TONS of power. We'll comparable to an 18v but to expand my line into larger voltage tool lines seems to be overkill when the 12 and 15 v tools I have are doing some pretty heavy duty work for me.

Wow Chris I would've never believed you if you told me you were going yellow a few months ago. I'm actually trying to find a good deal on the brushless one the 886 so my dcd995 doesn't feel lonely.

I bet you scored a good deal on your impact on that eBay site with the hooters holding the tools. :)

• Like 1

I think it might be one of the tools they just randomly announce and release during the year like the M18 radio charger and updated m12 Fuel sds. Not everything I think is ready for the symposium or they want to have a few surprises during the year.

Wow Chris I would've never believed you if you told me you were going yellow a few months ago. I'm actually trying to find a good deal on the brushless one the 886 so my dcd995 doesn't feel lonely.

I bet you scored a good deal on your impact on that eBay site with the hooters holding the tools. :)

I'm really not switching, I just got a smoking deal that i couldn't turn down. Plus I always wanted to try one.

I'm holding off buying the multi-tool as well because I want the "hopefully soon" fuel version, fuel seems like a great feature on a multi-tool because of it's constant run time. Something like a fastening tool that is on then off then on again doesn't benefit as much as a constantly on tool, especially if you use the multi tool for sanding and not just nothing out moldings