Led light recommendations

NicholasShetley

I am looking for a good bright cordless worklight for underhood use. I would like one that is magnetic and obviously bright. So far the ones I have looked at are bright but don't light up a wide area. I was wondering what you guys used for your lighting needs.

Milwaukee had some very nice M12 & M18 lights that run a super-long time, have great light quality, and some can even charge your cell phone at the same time @ this year's product event.  They are supposed to be getting released next month.

I would personally hold out until then if I were you.

They arent magnetic, but the do have moveable hooks that will along you to hang them under a hood.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use one of these. I got it at Harbor Freight for $3. It's plenty bright and works for me. I'm sure there are better/brighter LED work light out there too.

LED Work Light with rare earth magnets. Could be brighter.

My brother-in-law gifted me an EZ Red LED Portable Work Light.

These are supper bright for their size. 36 lumens. No magnet though.

I have that EZ light wiz bang and have had it since last summer. The spring assembly loosens up really quick resulting in the light turning on and off. Really bright but I was using it today at work looking under vehicles and the darn thing kept flashing a ton. Was driving me nuts! Super bright, light and the magnet / clip is great but it drives me bonkers.

I don't know if u guys remember last years holiday season but I bought a little craftsman led light for like 5.99 I think and believe it or not I haven't changed the batteries and have used it on and off since I've had it and it still works great. I will try to take a pic when I get home later tonight

I think I got it for either 5.99 or 6.99 not sure but it wasn't past that, Javier I also saw the camouflage one 2 it looks pretty cool. im just so surprised that its lasted this long and pretty durable I mean i haven't dropped from very high but its fallen a few times and its lasted my 3 yr old playing with it 2

I think I got it for either 5.99 or 6.99 not sure but it wasn't past that, Javier I also saw the camouflage one 2 it looks pretty cool. im just so surprised that its lasted this long and pretty durable I mean i haven't dropped from very high but its fallen a few times and its lasted my 3 yr old playing with it 2

yeah i seen those at near the cash register on this lame display wall they have. It don't make sense, they have some candys female jewelry, a couple of tools like this one and a ton of empty space all at once. I don't know what to make of it and you could put the hottest latest greatest tool on that wall and somehow the wall would just kill the buzz

Yea Javier I just bought cus my son had got it and flashed it in my eyes and I thought hey for the price I can't go wrong and I didn't man I won't say that I use it every single day but when I've needed it it hasn't let me down and to tell u the truth I haven't even checked to c what kind of battery's it has I might do that tonight lol! Hey talking about sears my buddy at work told me that they had the dewalt 20v grinder for sale 80$ now I don't know if that's at all sears cus there so weird with how they run things but I think it's a good price

I brought my everyday cree headlamp with me home today from the shop and I love this light they bought these at shop for all of us for under 25$ on amazon I charge it on Mondays and don't need to charge again the whole week these come in great for changeling brakes and changeling radiators/condensers or wherever dark, ur hands free all day. I have some stuff to do in the attic this weekend so I brought them home u guys should check these out there super bright at like 1600 LMs and it has 3 modes high and low light and flashing. We've had these light a little over 7-8 months now and all 6 guys at shop have had no prob yet plus there water proof I really recommend these.though the batteries u have to buy seperate that's the only thing that's a bummer. Me and my lil man tried to take some pics sorry if they didn't come out to good guys I took a pic of it on high and low and my son wanted to take a pic 2 lol!