new! DeWALT DCS387 18v XR reciprocating saw

Mr. Yellow

You you could have like the old coal shoot except for pellets. Build a container as big as you think would hold all the pellets and make a shoot you could dump in from the outside. You have an indoor pellet stove right? I would build a shed it it was one of the outdoor units. Still anyway you cut it your going to have to do some form of manual labor it seems like with the wood pellets. Propane used to be nice but as you saw with the extreme winter prices can skyrocket if demand is too high. At least with all the fracking natural gas is the cheapest its been in decades and new furnaces are way more efficient now. The next two appliances I want to swap out is the central ac unit I'm pretty sure the one I have is a low seer unit. It would help a lot even going to the lowest level 13 Seer unit. I also want to get more efficient water heater I don't know what the best options are for gas. You have all sorts now for electric water heating. I will say this topic kinda drifted from a Dewalt reciprocating saw though :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind pellets as a fuel for my garage as it would only be heated as needed. Heating a home is a whole different beast as ChrisK has mentioned 4 tons of pellets is nothing to sneeze at. Where as for me a 5-10 50 pound bags would get me through heating my garage depending on how much time I spend out there.