Made in the USA?

John

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before. If so this could be brief? Does anyone know the ins/outs of what power tools are still built in the US? Somewhere I can read about assembled and parts made etc....

Thanks

I think Milwaukee is still made in USA. After Techtronic Industries Co bought Milwaukee they said they were going to keep the lines serperate.

If you got to this link

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... PartNumber

Go and press the "Specifications" tab and go down and look for "Country Of Origin" it says "United States" therefore its made in the United States.

Other then that, thats the only power tool company that i can think of so far that makes their power tools in USA. You should also look into Japan made power tools company like Makita if your afraid of made in China power tools.

There are a lot of tools still made in the USA, the difference is most of them are owned and operated by a foreign country. Black and Decker is one of the few US owned companies around. Black and Decker (Dewalt), Milwaukee, Roybi, Bosch and a few others do have operations in the US where the tools are made. Most time on the actual package, it will tell you made in America.