auto tech school toolbox recommendation

silverado79

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if they do them in the US but Costco here in the UK offer a box by a company called Homak. I think they are a US manufacturer. The boxes offered here were not super wide but were a 16 drawer combo of roll cab and top chest. BUT they were only asking like £300! So you could have got two sets for under £1000. They were great quality too. Double slides on the big drawers. Good welds and drawer rims all doubled. Apart from the big Homak logo they were as good as a Snap On, the metal work anyway. Not sure if castors are as strong? Certainly better quality than the usual cheap stuff we get here which is all about the £1600-£2000 range from Machine Mart (our equivalent of Harbor Freight.)

If they are available at Costco in the US I would have a look at them.

When my dad went to Nashville auto diesel college the school supplied everyone's tools. Evryone in my program has to buy their own tools and the minimum price is $3100 if you but them through the school. The thing is we have even less tools that are required. Also the kits through the school came with a dinky service cart.

I don't know if they do them in the US but Costco here in the UK offer a box by a company called Homak. I think they are a US manufacturer. The boxes offered here were not super wide but were a 16 drawer combo of roll cab and top chest. BUT they were only asking like £300! So you could have got two sets for under £1000. They were great quality too. Double slides on the big drawers. Good welds and drawer rims all doubled. Apart from the big Homak logo they were as good as a Snap On, the metal work anyway. Not sure if castors are as strong? Certainly better quality than the usual cheap stuff we get here which is all about the £1600-£2000 range from Machine Mart (our equivalent of Harbor Freight.)

If they are available at Costco in the US I would have a look at them.

homak can be found in several places in the US, such as northern i think sears sells them online. Homak is us based however i do believe everything is imported

• 4 weeks later...