Recent deck project.

chadlanthier

Boy if I could have used those pre cast 4x4 post bases it would have made my project a heck of a lot easier. Here in N.E. you hit rocks everywhere you dig. In my town because we are so close to the ocean, a deck has to be constructed to withstand hurricane force winds of 125 MPH so it requires those construction brackets and also has to be anchored down to footings. Looks like you've got plenty to keep you busy for a while, been there and done it with no regrets. I'm curious, are you going to add cross bracing to the 4x4 post and how are you attaching all the joist to each post. You certainly have plenty of support for the joist so that will make it very rigid, I was concerned about a deck collapse from being overloaded so I made sure it was braced properly. Last thing I want to see is someone get hurt and loose everything I just did because I overlooked something simple. Looks good and keep taking pictures as you go because it's something you can show and be proud of for years to come.