Ridgid professional tool storage system tool boxes

Javier

I was able to collect all four of ridgid's newest to boxes. They have a standalone 25" tool tube and the 22" professional storage system of three modular tool boxes

In this video I go over the features of the tool boxes. So far I really like them and the prices are very affordable.

• Like 3

Thanks Javier, just what i was looking for. Great review.

Have you put any weight in them and used it over curbs / thresholds? How strong is the "luggage" handle?

Are they comparable to Tstak in thickness/quality?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Thanks Jeremy

I loaded the pro cart and it did well over curbs- probably with 30-40 lbs

The telescoping handle itself seems solid although there is some play at the joints but nothing to affect performance

I haven't seen tstaks in person so I can't really compare the two

To bad HD doesn't sell them (tstaks) instore because I did want to check them out before

I was just able to pick mine up from the local HD. They are really well built. My only compaint so far is the metal they use to join the hinge isn't capped off. I kinda scraped myself earlier moving them around and caught myself on it, and it could slide out over time separating the hinge. I might see if a rubber tip will go over the edge or some kinda crimp. I also have to check what the warranty is on these.

Good to see you were able to get a hold of them. I had to take a look a mine to check the hinges and I wouldn't worry about the pins sliding out as they can't since part of it bends in the middle for the lid stop. Mine don't stick out much or at all so maybe you can sand the edges down with a dremel or cut it off.

• Like 1

I will double check tomorrow when I start filling them with tools :) I think I might need another rolling base though to hold Everything Like I want too.  I will have to see how loading tools tomorrow starts going. I might either try and sell my tool bags or have the great tool bag giveaway 2014 on the TIA forum. It won't be the same as the UTB :)

FINALLY had a chance to stop by HD and check these out today and I gotta say if I didn't already invest into the Dewalt system I would've jumped into these Rigids there very nice and price on them is great, I also looked at the Milwaukee ones and really didn't wow me like the Rigids did don't get me wrong they were nice also but no stacking system just kills it. Javier I saw that my HD is carrying the tough boxes like u said and I almost bought the small lone Ds150 I believe but my wife would have killed me there on the spot lol! 50 BUCKS MAN!! hopefully they will go a lil down for the holidays.........hopefully...

I checkt them out today at my local home depot - they finally got them and I have to say they are awesome.

I'll wait until the holidays and i hope they gonna have a special on them :D

i played around with them in the store, stacked them up, used the card - and they are really tough and weather sealed

• Like 1

I checkt them out today at my local home depot - they finally got them and I have to say they are awesome.

I'll wait until the holidays and i hope they gonna have a special on them :D

i played around with them in the store, stacked them up, used the card - and they are really tough and weather sealed

That would suck if that's the case. If they are hopefully I can get a price adjustment!!! I don't think you can get a better modular box for the price. I bought some silica gel packets to toss in the boxes to keep moisture under control just to make sure :)

That would suck if that's the case. If they are hopefully I can get a price adjustment!!! I don't think you can get a better modular box for the price. I bought some silica gel packets to toss in the boxes to keep moisture under control just to make sure :) Actually tough boxes are not too bad price wise box per box the problem is the cart cost close to 200 dollars. T-stacks wile nice are more like l boxes in construction.